THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Injuries

Just a quick post as I am massively busy with work this morning...

John Scouller had to be taken to hospital with a suspected broken ankle last night. The game was abandoned after about 20 minutes with us losing 1-0.
We had to wait well over an hour for an ambulance, then a St. John's turned up.
I don't yet know how John is but I will try and find out later.

Also, Danny Hagan fell off a ladder at work yesterday, and like Terry Moore, he also now has a rib injury and is unlikely to be playing this Sunday. Ironically the ankle injury that forced him off against Rosemill is now o.k., as he played part of the game last night without any ill-effects from that.

Thanks to players not giving me their photos for their registrations, if Terry and Hagan cannot play through the pain barrier this Sunday (or at least go sub in case of emergencies), then we will only have a squad of 12...or 13 if Dan Tribe goes sub with a view to coming on as an outfield player if necessary. The weather forecast for Sunday is 90 degree heat.

Ivan cannot play on Sunday due to family commitments and Martin Worthington has now announced that he will not be playing for us this season.

I will update the website later this afternoon with more news.

Re: Injuries

Just spoke to John. His ankle is not broken, but he has severe ligament and tendon damage and is on crutches. His ankle is bruised and badly swollen, so he has got to go in again (to Chase Farm) on Monday to be re-assessed.
Fortunately he was seen pretty much straight away when the St. John's took him in last night.
He says he can work from home and may even come over to watch/coach on Sunday if Lexton drives his car back round to him and picks him up.

I have also just received Cascoe's suspension from the London FA. The Ref put it down as 'violent conduct' as opposed to 'serious foul play', but it is still a three-match ban and a £35.00 fine.
The ban starts on Sunday 23rd September, so he can therefore play this Sunday and in our London Cup match on the 16th. I hope he realises that and hasn't gone and planned to do something else this Sunday, otherwise we are going to be in serious sh!t player-wise.