THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-side Squad for Thursday (6th September v. New River 'A')

I have started a new thread for this as there have been one or two changes to the squad.

Firstly, please note that this match is a 9.00.p.m. Kick-Off.

The squad is currently as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Alan Barnard
Lexton Harrison
Ivan Bass
Gavin Mardell
Ben Keating

However, Barney doesn't mind dropping out as he played on Monday night, while Terry Moore has a rib injury and may not be fit in time, so if anybody else wants to play, please let me know. We also need an 8th player (ideally).

Danny Hagan (ankle injury) will not be playing in case he aggravates it for Sunday.

Re: 7-a-side Squad for Thursday (6th September v. New River 'A')

Neither Terry (rib injury) or Barney (social commitments) can play now.
Tony King has volunteered to play, but we still need two more...ideally from those who John Scouller might be able to get. I will chase that up later and hopefully confirm the squad tomorrow.

We currently have a squad of 7 as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Ivan Bass
Lexton Harrison
Danny Hagan
(Wants to test his ankle out, but obviously might have to come off if it is no good)
Gavin Mardell
Tony King
Ben Keating

I have asked Jacko to see if Martin Worthington is available and also asked John Scouller to see if Frazer John & Chris Adjei are as well.
If none of those three can play, then I will come on as a sub if Hagan's ankle is no good.

im i still on the team coz im trying to get money to pay u back and i realy want to play for u

martin
im i still on the team coz im trying to get money to pay u back and i realy want to play for u
We have three Martin's who play(ed) for us last season, but bearing in mind Martin Worthington is Jacko's kid's school-teacher I hope we can safely say this is not him (or Loveday) ?

I am therefore guessing this is Martin Cruickshank, so yes, Martin. We do want you to play for us, but you changed your mobile phone number and we haven't been able to get hold of you.
We could definitely do with you playing 7-a-side this coming Monday night. (7.30.p.m. Kick-Off). Lee King will also be needed for that match. If Lee is in Edmonton (Victoria Road area), I can pick you both up at about 6.45.p.m.
If you have a new mobile number, can you text it to me or send me a message on Facebook.

Regarding the money you owe, I think Trev will allow you to pay £10.00 every time you play a match (so that you can gradually catch up), then if you are still unemployed when training starts on the 26th September, we will let you attend that for free.

if i can pay £10 that will be grate let me now if thats ok hear is my number 07449130805

martin
if i can pay £10 that will be grate let me now if thats ok hear is my number 07449130805
Hopefully Trev will phone you this evening to confirm that.

As for the squad for tonight, it is now as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Ivan Bass
Lexton Harrison
Danny Hagan
Gavin Mardell
Tony King
Ben Keating
Dan McEnaney
Volkan Dalgic

Dan & Volkan will hopefully be signing up/bringing photos tonight, although they will not be eligible to play this Sunday.

For Monday night's match next week, I am looking at Martin Cruickshank, Lee King, Frazer John, Chris Adjei and possibly Younes Jouied all playing and bringing photos. Hopefully Jack Bangs will be over there playing for Pat's Boys and we can sign him up as well (if Riaz and Dan Tribe can get him to bring a photo). He was probably the best player on the pitch when we played them the other night, but he disappeared before I had the chance to speak to him/sign him up.
If any of those players cannot play on Monday, there is no reason why they can't come along to watch this Sunday at St. Mary's School and bring a photo then.

According to the rules on the London F.A. website, the deadline for registering players with our League so that they are eligible to play in our Sunday Junior Cup match Away to Lord Morpeth on the 16th September is mid-day on Friday next week, although to be on the safe side, I need to put forms & photos through the League Registration Secretary's door by the normal Wednesday deadline...so ideally I want these players all signing up and giving me photos either tonight, this Sunday or on Monday.

Hopefully then, we will have 8 quality players signed up in time to play in the London Cup match (and thereafter), thereby covering for Terry Moore's rib injury, Cascoe's forthcoming 3-match suspension, and several other currently registered players who are 'not about' at the moment.