THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rosemill game

Dear All,

I write on behalf of Rosemill and wish to thank you for a very enjoyable opening game of the season and one we we had to work very hard for to get the 3 points despite playing against 10 men for 3 quarters of the game. Now for the point of the post.

I applaud the author of this website as it is both imformative and of a bloody good standard for a Sunday league team (ie videos), which helps when things like the information listed below needs to be shared. Following yesterdays game, our lad who was the victim (a 38 year old dad of 3) of what can only be described as GBH, made his own way in his own car to Whittington Hospital, via the useless Chase Farm. On arriving at the hospital he basically fell out of his car such was the pain of his leg and was duely helped into the hospital by passers by. A top surgeon has diagnosed that, due to the force in which your lad stamped on his leg, he now has a shattered knee cap, ruptered anterior and cruicate ligaments and needs total reconstruction of his knee. To say he was upset is a slight understatement. His total rehabilitation will take between 14-18 MONTHS!!

When I spoke to Steve late last night and he told me this, I actually felt physically sick. Not only is he a teammate but a good freind of ours at Rosemill and this has had an affect on just about everyone. To think that could have been one of us. It wasn't a tackle, or a freak accident, it was the actions of ONE mindless, idiotic person. This is a 38 year old dad who now, will probably never ever play football again, struggle to walk properly and will no doubt have to change career due to the nature of his job.

Our frustration is not only at your players actions and what it has caused, but his inablilty to apologise and merely just shrug it off without a care in the world, despite 3/4 of his own team disgusted by what he done.

We will never seek retribution or revenge in any way against an individual, we are not a club like that. But we feel we should let you know as a club that this is not a case of 'it hurts a bit, give a week and i'll be playing the following week', its a LOT bit more serious than that. To have one of your teammates crying down the phone to you in a hospital bed because of the pain and the extent of his injury really hit home yesterday and I would like to think it will never happen again.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and we look forward to the return fixture. Take care.

Re: Rosemill game

Laurence,

Could you give me details please mate on the best way to obtain a copy of the whole game on DVD. I can willingly come to your house and collect it and pay, that wouldn't be a problem. Please advise.

Thanks.

Laurence,

Could you give me details please mate on the best way to obtain a copy of the whole game on DVD. I can willingly come to your house and collect it and pay, that wouldn't be a problem. Please advise.

Thanks.
I will get back to you on this as soon as I can.
Obviously I am very shocked at the moment, so I don't wish to comment until I have spoken to certain people as there could be legal implications here.

Hope that's o.k. ?

Our frustration is not only at your players actions and what it has caused, but his inablilty to apologise and merely just shrug it off without a care in the world, despite 3/4 of his own team disgusted by what he done.
I just need to clear this point up as I think there has been some mis-apprehension here which is going to give other teams a rather false impression of what we are like as a club.

As is normal in Sunday football, the substitutes, officials & supporters of both teams were standing on opposite sides of the pitch. As soon as the incident happened, the Referee shepherded our player away over towards our side of the pitch, and then on issuing the red card, off onto our touchline.
If our player had then attempted to go round to the other side of the pitch to apologise at any stage then or during the rest of the match, the Referee would have stopped him...as is normal protocol because the Referee would not have known if the player wanted an argument or not.
Therefore our player was simply not able to apologise to the injured player.

Another thing is that none of our players had any idea that it was such a serious injury as the game was not delayed, no ambulance was called, and the injured player walked off the pitch and back to the changing rooms afterwards.

Obviously all of this is on video, but nobody will be viewing that until I have received the Referee's report and/or instructions from the League or our respective County F.A.'s.

I would also just like to point out (for the benefit of other clubs reading this) that although there were some hard challenges throughout the match, this was just one isolated incident and there were no punch-ups, vendettas or off-the-ball stuff going on. Indeed every player shook hands on the final whistle and as far as I am concerned, there is no reason why the return match should not be played in a good spirit.

Obviously I apologise to the injured player on behalf of my club and regret that the incident happened.

That's all I wish to say on the matter.