THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 9th September (Away to Asco)

We have a squad of 13 at the moment for our match Away to Asco this coming Sunday as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Tony King
Gavin Mardell
Daniel Cascoe
Danny Hagan
Frankie Karemo
Rafiel Johnson
Krishan Singh
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley

Going by Lexton's sending-off last season under the new match-based system in Sunday football, Cascoe will not be suspended for this match following his sending-off today (against Rosemill). He will also probably be able to play the week after (in the London Sunday Junior Cup), then his three-match suspension will start on the 23rd. Unlike in professional football there is a two-week gap for the paperwork to be done and fines to be paid.
One player in the 13 above who might have to drop out though is Danny Hagan because of the ankle injury he picked up playing for Crouch End Vampires First XI yesterday. We will have to keep our fingers crossed, but it doesn't look good at the moment.

We therefore still need more new players to give me their photos and get signed up, or the likes of Ivan Bass, Martin Loveday, Martin Worthington, John Scouller, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo or Riaz Daniels (who are all registered) to make themselves available so that we can name more than one (or two) substitutes. Hopefully we will know more regarding that after our 7-a-side match on Monday night.
I am assuming Ali 'TJ' Sowe is still out with a hamstring injury unless he tells us otherwise. Obviously he can be added to the squad if he has recovered.

Asco now play at the new St. Mary's School in Cheshunt. Very easy to find as it's on a roundabout down Lieutenant Ellis Way (the dual carriageway that goes from the A10 towards Goffs Oak & Cuffley). Full directions are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

For the Rosemill match we had one or two players willing to organise a proper pre-match warm-up, but two of our players decided to arrive at the venue after 10.00.a.m....which would have caused a problem had it not been for the Referee delaying the Kick-Off until 10.40.a.m. so that he could try and get Rosemill to find some sky blue sock tape ! (Ridiculous rule that shouldn't be necessary for Sunday football !). We still started the game really slowly though because Rosemill had warmed up for longer than us.
Can we have ALL players at the venue at 9.45.a.m. this time so that we are ALL out on the pitch by 10.10 at the latest ? Trevor also needs this time for a proper team-talk with us having so many new players this season.

Re: Squad for Sunday 9th September (Away to Asco)

Danny Hagan played 7-a-side last night (in goal !) and it looks like his ankle will be o.k. by Sunday, but Terry Moore had to drop out because of a rib injury and that is now more of a worry.

However, Riaz Daniels has now been added to the squad...we spoke to him last night, while Lee King is supposed to be giving me a photo this evening so that I can get him registered tomorrow. He will therefore also be added to the squad if he does so.
Ivan Bass will make up a squad of 16 if he is available. He is playing 7-a-side on Thursday, so we will find out then.

We should be getting more new players signed up in the next few weeks, most likely when training starts on Wednesday 26th September.

Lee has not given me his photo, so he will not be registered for this Sunday.
The same applies to about 10 other players !
Also, Terry has been told by his Doctor not to play for two weeks. He is on painkillers for his rib injury.

We therefore only have 13 included Riaz.
The other registered players eligible for this Sunday who are not in the squad or have not confirmed their availability at the moment are:
Ivan Bass
Martin Worthington
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
...Still out with a hamstring injury as far as we know.
Martin Loveday ...Unavailable until further notice due to family commitments.
John Scouller ...Would rather not play at the moment due to a lack of fitness.
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo ...Is still messing us about with non-payment of subs.
Dan Tribe (GK) & Tim Beeden (GK) ...Either could be named as a third sub, but ideally we need three outfield players as the weather is supposed to be very hot this Sunday.

As usual at this time of year it is simply too much hassle for players to get photos done for their registrations, so we will just have to hope we get no more injuries.
I can see a situation where I am going to have to try and take passport-size photos myself at training on Wednesday 26th September for these players (if they are there) and then just hope I can edit and print them to the right size for the League to accept them. The problem is it will be dark at 9.00.p.m. and we will also need to find a big white van in the car park to use as a background ! There are no plain white walls inside the Southgate Hockey Centre clubhouse.
Even then, they would not be able to play on Sunday 30th September as the deadline is 8.00.p.m. on the Wednesday before.

Just to confirm that (at the moment) we only have 12 players for this Sunday as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Gavin Mardell
Alan Barnard
Lexton Harrison
Tony King
Krishan Singh
Daniel Cascoe
Frankie Karemo
Rafiel Johnson
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley
Riaz Daniels

Terry Moore & Danny Hagan both have rib injuries, Ivan Bass has family commitments, Martin Worthington has now announced that he will not be playing for us this season, and of course John Scouller has ankle ligament/tendon damage.
As far as I am aware, Ali/'TJ' and Loveday are still unavailable with a hamstring injury and family commitments respectively, while Kizza is just simply too unreliable and owes us nearly £100.
The only other registered players are our two backup goalkeepers Dan Tribe and Tim Beeden plus myself.
At the moment then, it looks as if we are only going to be able to field a squad of 14 if Terry & Hagan play through the pain barrier (or go sub to come on if anybody gets injured/heatstroke) or if Dan & Tim both go sub with a view to coming on as outfield players.

The forecast 90 degree heat is clearly going to be a problem on Sunday. All players are advised to bring their own drinks/cool boxes as our one of these has broken ! I have tried to get a new one today, but not surprisingly they are sold out everywhere !

Also, can Frankie and Ben please turn up at 9.45.a.m. this week so that we can all warm-up as a group ? We got off to a slow start last week because players came onto the pitch in dribs and drabs and we didn't warm up properly.

Also please note that I will be out filming Ebbsfleet v. Mansfield today then editing the match in the evening, so I will not be contactable from mid-day onwards.

Please phone/text Trevor on 07894 961484 if you can or cannot play tomorrow/have any queries regarding tomorrow's match.