THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-side Squads for Monday 3rd & Thursday 6th September

We have two 7-a-side League matches next week with Monday night's match against Pat's Boys being a 7.30.p.m. Kick-Off and Thursday Night's match against New River 'A' being a 9.00.p.m. Kick-Off.

On Monday night we will not be able to use Dan Tribe (GK), Riaz Daniels or Imran Daniels as they will be playing for our opponents, while we are bound to have players saying they are 'too stiff' to play if they play a full game against Rosemill in our first 11-a-side League match on Sunday.
On Thursday night we will have players not wanting to play because the Kick-Off time is too late or because they have other commitments and would therefore rather play on Monday instead.

I therefore need to hear from any players who are not in the squad for this coming Sunday's game but can play 7-a-side next week on either Monday or Thursday. That includes players who are not yet registered (e.g. Lee King, Frazer John, Anthony DiCanio, Ryan Bates, Volkan Dalgic, Dan McEnaney, Younes Jouied...if they are not on holiday), players who don't want to play on Sundays at the moment because they are not fit (e.g. Loveday & John Scouller ) & players who do not want to play regularly for us on Sundays but can play/train with us in midweek (e.g. Tyrone Willis & mate, Kris Spyrou and other ex-players. Stuart Dorward maybe ?)
If these players can let me know (on 07949 128505, by e-mail or on here) by Sunday evening, then I can work out the squads in conjunction with the players who will be playing this Sunday morning. Hopefully we will then be able to name two squads of 8-9 players instead of having to call one (or both) of the games off.

Yes, it's frustrating that we can't start training until Wednesday 26th September, but the 7-a-side League has been paid for and we will be wasting the club's money if we cannot field a team for any of our remaining five matches (Mondays & Thursdays combined).

Re: 7-a-side Squads for Monday 3rd & Thursday 6th September

I have 7 'definite' players for Thursday night (9.00.p.m.) as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Ivan Bass
Lexton Harrison
Lee King
Ben Keating

plus Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo and/or Martin Worthington to make a squad of 8 or 9 if they are available.

The problem is most definitely tomorrow (Monday) night (7.30.p.m.).
I only have one definite player at the moment, namely Tony King
However, Danny Hagan (who is injured and cannot play outfield) says he will go in goal if Tim Beeden is not available...although I would rather have Tim in goal !
Ideally we need the other 5 or 6 players tomorrow night to be people who have to give me a photo so that they can be registered in time to play this coming Sunday...namely Lee King (instead of him playing on Thursday), Frazer John, Dan McEnaney, Volkan Dalgic & Younes Jouied (if he is not still on holiday).
Obviously it will need Krishan Singh to bring Younes though and John Scouller to give Lee a lift and arrange for Frazer, Dan & Volkan to turn up, but I think John said this morning that they are all working different shifts to him tomorrow so he might not see them ?
It is almost certain that we are going to be in a situation where we won't know if we can field a team of 7 or not (including me if necessary !?) until about 6.00.p.m.
Presumably the likes of Daniel Cascoe (who only played 35 minutes this morning), Krishan Singh (who only played 17 minutes this morning), Kris Spyrou, Martin Loveday & Tyrone Willis (none of whom played this morning) might be able to play if Lee, Frazer, Dan, Volkan and/or Younes cannot though, while Gavin Mardell, Daniel Daley and some of those who are down to play on Thursday might play if we are struggling for numbers, even though they told me this morning not to include them ?

If we have to call the game off though, then so be it. It is basically a consequence of the 7-a-side League inconveniently over-running into September when most teams in the League have played an 11-a-side match the day before. There are loads of other teams crying off at the moment because of that, both on Mondays and Thursdays (which now clash with 11-a-side team training nights).

Tim is not playing tonight, so we have no keeper.

To be honest, at the moment I really can't be @rsed about tonight, especially as I am having to deal with everything myself at the moment.

Trev wants us to play tonight, so I am now going to text about 15 players. Whether I get a reply or not when they are working is another matter though.

I am not going to post on here who is or isn't playing. I am just going to sort it all out by text and by making phone calls.