THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
London F.A. Sunday JUNIOR Cup Draw

The London F.A. have put us in the Sunday Junior Cup this season...probably because we finish in the bottom half of the Division One table in our League year after year ?!

We have been drawn Away to Lord Morpeth in the First Round on Sunday 16th September when (as usual) Manager Trevor Hughes is away on his bi-annual holiday in Cyprus.

I will have a closer look at their website in due course but they play in the East London Sunday League so at least it should be an easy journey down the North Circular for us rather than having to go to South-West London somewhere.
My guess is that they will be a good side.

Re: London F.A. Sunday JUNIOR Cup Draw

Laurence Hughes
The London F.A. have put us in the Sunday Junior Cup this season...probably because we finish in the bottom half of the Division One table in our League year after year ?!

Surely this is a good thing as there is more chance of going further in the Junior Cup than the Intermediate Cup.

Tim
Laurence Hughes
Surely this is a good thing as there is more chance of going further in the Junior Cup than the Intermediate Cup.
Yes. I am not complaining.

However, if we beat Lord Morpeth, our opponents in the next round are a team called Bromley Knights, and believe me they are as good as Charlton United !
More on that later...

Full details of who we could be playing in various rounds of this competition are now on the Latest Club News page. 4th item down.