THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-side Squad for Thursday (23rd August v. The Condensers)

Our next 7-a-side League match is a 7.30.p.m. Kick-Off this Thursday against The Condensers.

We have five 'definites' for the squad as follows:
Dan Tribe (GK)
Terry Moore
Danny Hagan
Tony King
Ben Keating

Dan Tribe is a 23-year-old who plays in goal for Pat's Boys in the Monday Night League with Imran & Riaz Daniels. We spoke to him last night and he is keen to join us. He will also be playing in goal for us this Sunday as Jacko is unavailable.

We then need three more players for Thursday night's squad, so I therefore want to give priority to those who still need to give me a passport photo for their 11-a-side registration.
Although I said last night was the deadline for photos in order for players to be registered in time for our first League match on Sunday 2nd September, that was just me being on the safe side in case there are any problems where photos are returned as 'not suitable'. I can actually put forms & photos in the League Registration Secretary's door on Friday or Saturday, but there is a slight risk that he may not process those in time if every other club does the same thing.
So...if they are available, I would like the following players to play 7-a-side this Thursday as long as they can bring a photo for their registration.
These are in order of preference:
Frazer John
Anthony DiCanio
Dan McEnaney
Volkan Dalgic
Chris Adjei
Andre Griffiths
Krishan Singh

Everybody else is 'definitely' unavailable because they are either 'away, 'working late' or training with Wormley Rovers' Herts Senior County League side.

Re: 7-a-side Squad for Thursday (23rd August v. The Condensers)

I have just noticed that I forgot to get Imran Daniels to actually sign his registration form after I had filled it in !
That means he won't be registered for the 2nd September either...unless he comes along on Thursday night (or I pop round his house straight after the match as it's only down the road ?).

It depends how injured he is from playing 7-a-side last night though. If it is serious and he definitely cannot play on the 2nd September, then there is no rush for his signature.

I also forgot to get Anthony DiCanio to sign his form, but unlike Imran, I don't have a photo from him yet anyway.

Unless 2 or 3 players bring photos/sign up on Thursday night, we are in quite a bit of danger of only having a maximum of 14 players available for selection on the 2nd September.

Danny Hagan has had to drop out of tonight's match due to family commitments, so we only have four players at the moment including our new goalkeeper.

I have texted John Scouller and he says he will see if he can get anybody.
I am not getting any replies whatsoever from players who need to play tonight in order to give me a photo/sign a form so that they can be registered for Sunday 2nd September.

I can't ask players like Kris Spyrou and others who don't want to play for us on Sundays to play until John gets back to me...which might not be until after 5.00.p.m.

Also Trevor is not there tonight as he is having to go to the League Full Council Meeting for me (as I am 'sort of banned' from attending that ).
As I am 'Manager' tonight, I would rather have a squad of seven playing a full match with me as sub in case anybody gets injured/knackered.

The squad for tonight is now confirmed as follows:
Dan Tribe (GK)
Terry Moore
Tony King
Daniel Cascoe
Krishan Singh
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley

There is also a possibility of Frazer John and/or John Scouller playing, so we won't need any more. I am just waiting for John to get back to me.

Dan Tribe and Krishan have confirmed they will be bringing photos and signing up tonight. Hopefully Frazer will as well if he plays.