THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Final Pre-Season Friendly (Sunday 26th August)

Our final Pre-Season Friendly is this coming Sunday at Enfield Playing Fields against Broxbourne Athletic. 10.30.a.m. Kick-Off.

The following players have told me they are NOT available because it is a Bank Holiday weekend and they have family/social commitments:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Tony King
Gavin Mardell
Danny Hagan

If anybody else cannot play, they MUST let me know as soon as possible as we cannot afford to waste money on a pitch and then have to cry off.
Similarly, those who ARE available must also let us know at or before our Thursday night 7-a-side League match if they did not confirm their availability at our Pre-Season Friendly this morning.

Manager Trevor Hughes wants to treat this match like a League game and intends naming a squad of 16 committed players rather than just telling 'everybody' to turn up.

Please note that we need a goalkeeper for this match. If anybody knows one, please get them along !

Re: Final Pre-Season Friendly (Sunday 26th August)

Hi Laurence. Yes, I'm available for the friendly on Sunday 26th. Good game today, guys! Cheers.

Trevor has now named a squad of 18 for this match as follows:
Dan Tribe (GK) (From Pat's Boys 7-a-side team)
Martin Loveday
Terry Moore
Martin Worthington
(If he is back from holiday)
Lexton Harrison
Ivan Bass
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Anthony DiCanio
Francis Karemo
Daniel Cascoe
Jack Bangs
(from Pat's Boys 7-a-side team)
Krishan Singh
Rafiel Johnson
Daniel Daley
Ben Keating
Riaz Daniels
Frazer John
Ryan Bates

Imran Daniels got injured playing 7-a-side last night for Pat's Boys but there are one or two others who might be available if too many from the squad listed above are not.

Once again, please let us know asap if you cannot play (or confirm your availability if you have not already done so).

Full details of the match are here on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

Just a warning that we have no Referee for this match now as Dave Stevenson (and various other Refs I have tried since) have all now decided to go away for the Bank Holiday weekend. I don't know why as the weather forecast is terrible !

I will try the 7-a-side League Refs tonight, but if any Referees read this in the meantime and are available (£35.00 fee), please let me know.

We have a Referee now. Dan Richardson...one of the Refs from the 7-a-side League. He is a Spartan South Midlands League Ref on Saturdays.

As for our squad, there are a few changes now.
Here are those who 'should be' playing...as far as we know. (15 players)
Dan Tribe (GK)
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Dan McEnaney
Daniel Cascoe
Frankie Karemo
Rafiel Johnson
Volkan Dalgic
Krishan Singh
Riaz Daniels
Jack Bangs
(New player from Pat's Boys 7-a-side team)
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley
Frazer John

The following four players were named in the squad earlier in the week but have not been in touch to let us know if they are available or not:
Martin Loveday
Anthony DiCanio
Martin Worthington
Ryan Bates

They can still play if they want to, especially as three of them are defenders and we are really short in that area this Sunday.

Ivan Bass is not available now as he is working.