THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rovers Prediction League 2012-2013

Those of our players who have been with us for the last couple of seasons will know that Martin Loveday runs a fund-raising Prediction League for the club whereby players pay x amount to join and then predict the Premier League results every week (with the winner each week winning x amount).
If we can get 20 players to join, the club normally makes about £250 profit (I think ?), so the more players we get to enter, the more money we make for the club.

For the last couple of seasons, Loveday has run the League himself by e-mail, but due to time constraints, this season we will be using this talkSPORT online facility instead...which looks a much better idea, especially as half our players don't seem to use e-mail but they can download a talkSPORT app and do their predictions using their smartphones instead.

Here's how to join:
1) Go to http://predictor.talksport.co.uk/ and click on 'Register' on the right-hand side. You will need to create a Username & Password. A bit of a hassle I know, but it's easy to Login each time to do your predictions once it is done.
2) You will then need to text or e-mail either myself (on 07949 128505), Loveday or any other person who has already joined in order to get our Edmonton Rovers Mini-League code so that you can join the League. (I am not sure whether I can put it on here).
3) When you login for the first time after registering, click on 'Play against your mates'/Mini-Leagues and enter the code. This should bring up the Edmonton Rovers Mini-League with a list of who else has joined...although most have registered so far using usernames which are anything but their real name, so I haven't got a clue who they are !
4) Before each weekend's matches, click on 'My Predictions' and enter your predictions then submit.

You don't pay anything online to talkSPORT. The League is free on there. By joining online though, we expect you to commit to our fund-raising by paying the club £25.00 to join for the season. If you win a week's predictions quite often, you may end up getting your money back and even winning some more.
At the moment I am unsure how Loveday and Trevor Hughes (Manager/Treasurer) are going to collect the £25.00 in and/or pay players their winnings, but all players should be informed of that by e-mail, so please check your inboxes for e-mails from Loveday about that.

We need a minimum of 20 players to sign up and commit before this weekend's matches if we are to use this Prediction League for fund-raising. Any less than that and it won't be worthwhile charging an entry fee, so it will then just be done for fun and therefore very disappointing.
We have 10 at the moment (the last time I looked earlier this afternoon).
The more players who join, the better kit and equipment we will be able to purchase for the club.

Don't forget that ex-Rovers players and friends & family of current players can also join the League.