THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'Squad' for this Sunday (19th August)

We are playing Premier Division side Cheshunt Corinthians in our next Pre-Season Friendly this Sunday on the grass pitch at the Southgate Hockey Centre.
It is an 11.00.a.m. Kick-Off because they have a kids' Soccer School over there at 9.00.a.m. (I think ?).

I spoke to Trevor last night and basically he wants all players who are interested in playing for us this season to turn up at 10.15.a.m. if they are available, so we are not picking a squad as such. Everybody will get at least 45 minutes and if we have 21 there, then the players not playing during a particular half will have a training session & 5-a-side using the bibs & cones so that they get 90 minutes worth of fitness in.

Here is how things stand at the moment...
The following 17 players have already told us they are available, so we will be expecting them to be there:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Martin Loveday
Terry Moore
Tony King
Lexton Harrison
Gavin Mardell
Ivan Bass
(via Lexton, but I will speak to him on Wednesday)
Ben Keating
Frankie Karemo
Ali (TJ) Sowe
Rafiel Johnson
Anthony DiCanio
Imran Daniels
Riaz Daniels
Jack ? Bangs
(from Pat's Boys Monday night 7-a-side team)
Krishan Singh
'Ryan'
(a mate of Krishan's, but not Ryan Bates).

We have not heard anything from the following players recently, but they can have a game this Sunday as well if they are still interested. They MUST let us know first though, either on here or by texting me on 07949 128505 or Trevor on 07894 961484.
Martin Worthington
Ryan Bates
(Trevor forgot to ask him last Sunday)
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Norrence Archibald
John Scouller
Volkan Dalgic
Dan McEnaney
Chris Adjei
Frazer John
Andre Griffiths
Martin Cruickshank
Lee King
(Although Lee told me he didn't want to play this season, Daley has now told me he has changed his mind !?)

If any players want to bring more prospective new players along this Sunday, please let myself or Trevor know first.
Please note that we do NOT want people playing who are not interested in signing up to play in League matches.

The following players have told us they are not available this Sunday, but obviously if anything changes they can also be added to the 'squad'...
Alan Barnard
Danny Hagan
Daniel Daley
Daniel Cascoe
Tyrone Willis

Full details of this match (and others) can be found on the Forthcoming Fixtures page on the club website.

Also, don't forget that there is a bar in the clubhouse which we will use after the game.
When we have had previous Pre-Season Friendlies at the Southgate Hockey Centre, we have got all players staying for a drink afterwards in the beer garden and it has helped people to get to know each other when we have got new players playing.
If players can only stay for half-an-hour after the match, that's fine. It doesn't need us to have an all-afternoon drinking session.
The same applies after our League matches at Hazelwood. If we can get everybody down On Broadway just for 30 minutes or so, then they are more likely to sponsor us for a new kit than if only 3 or 4 players go down there for a whole afternoon.

Re: 'Squad' for this Sunday (19th August)

Daley is now available for this match but not the Sunday after.
That may mean that Ryan Bates might also be available as well.