THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Various Bits Of News

I am struggling to get the website updated at the moment due to all the Tournament filming I did over the Summer...which has to be edited first (before our Pre-Season Friendlies) as I need the money !

The only pages I am able to update regularly at the moment are Forthcoming Fixtures, the 7-a-side League for Monday Night & Thursday Night, and the Latest Club News page. The rest of the website (and doing highlights of our Pre-Season Friendlies for You Tube) may have to wait until September.

So just briefly then...following our 3-1 win against Cheshunt Town on Sunday 5th August, we played another Pre-Season Friendly this morning (Sunday 12th August) when we beat Broxbourne Rangers Old Boys 2-1 at the Paringdon Sports Club in Harlow.
We fielded a squad of 18 for the Cheshunt Town match and a squad of 16 this morning, which is excellent for Pre-Season Friendlies when in recent seasons we have only been scraping up a bare eleven !
Frankie Karemo and Danny Hagan scored our goals as we came from behind to win, while Ryan Bates and Anthony DiCanio made their debuts for us. Ryan plays for Wormley Rovers on Saturdays and DiCanio is another ex-McKenzie Rangers player.

I am still in the process of signing up new players, but hopefully we will have a squad of about 16 potential 'regulars' registered in time for our first League match on Sunday 2nd September.
League Fixtures and Cup Draws should be announced by the end of this week, together with the London F.A. Sunday Intermediate Cup draw, so keep checking this Forum for the details as soon as I get them.

Re: Various Bits Of News

Cheers Laurence. Two friendlies played - five scored and only one conceded ain't bad going at all.

Seeing as a few of us have only just joined and we're all still getting to know each other properly....so far so good!