THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squads for Monday 13th & Thursday 16th August

Both of our 7-a-side matches this week are 7.30.p.m. Kick-Offs, and with loads of our new players having to work evenings and several others 'aching too much' from playing this morning (Sunday), we are really struggling for numbers this week.

I am therefore unable to name squads at the moment and I will just have to spend the rest of this evening and most of tomorrow texting, phoning or e-mailing as many players as I can.
I will play if we only have 6, but my calf injury has still not healed and I will probably only last 5 minutes.

If anybody can play tomorrow (Monday) night especially, please let me know asap.
We will definitely need Tim Beeden to go in goal though, as Jacko is on holiday.

Re: 7-a-Side Squads for Monday 13th & Thursday 16th August

We have 6 players for tonight at the moment (or 7 including me).
The six are Tim Beeden (GK), Danny Hagan, Tony King, Kris Spyrou, Daniel Daley & Tyrone Willis.

We need two more players, so if anybody else can play, please let me know.

Terry Moore is playing tonight, so that makes 7 not including me.
We could really do with one more though in case 'somebody' doesn't turn up because it is raining heavily...which is the forecast at the moment...or 'somebody' gets stuck at work. These things tend to happen when we only have a bare seven.

As for Thursday, I only have four players at the moment... Alan Barnard, Gavin Mardell, Ben Keating & Ivan Bass.
It looks as if at least three of those playing tonight are going to have to double up.

About 75% of our current players (including all the new ones) are now telling me they can't play 7-a-side for the rest of the Summer because:
a) They work evenings and/or are having to work overtime to cover for colleagues who are on holiday,
b) They can't afford to pay £6.00 per game on top of playing on Sundays,
c) They are too tired/'injured'/have blisters from playing Pre-Season Friendlies for us on Sundays, and
d) They are training with and playing midweek League matches for Saturday teams.

A lot of other teams in the 7-a-side League are in the same boat once it gets to August though, and this is when the League start getting loads of non-fulfilments.

Cascoe & Krishan are now playing tonight and Kris Spyrou will be playing on Thursday.