THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For This Sunday (12th August)

Our next 11-a-side Pre-Season Friendly is this Sunday when we play Broxbourne Rangers Old Boys at the Paringdon Sports Club in Harlow. (10.30.a.m. Kick-Off.)
The postcode for this venue is CM19 4QT.

If players do not want to make their own way there and want to travel in convoy (or get a lift from somebody else), then they will have to meet at 9.00.a.m. in this part of the car park (just behind the disabled bays) at the Southbury Leisure Centre.
If anybody turns up after 9.00.a.m. without informing us that they are running late, we will leave without them.
Players who are going straight to the ground must be there by 10.00.a.m. at the latest.

Trevor is not replying to my e-mails or posting on here, so I will take over as Manager for the time being and pick the squad...which is as follows:
A GOALKEEPER !!! If anybody knows one who is interested in joining, please bring them along !
Martin Loveday
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Danny Hagan
Lexton Harrison
Tony King
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley
Daniel Cascoe
Krishan Singh
Gavin Mardell
Frankie Karemo
Rafiel Johnson
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Anthony DiCanio
Volkan Dalgic
Dan McEnaney
Imran Daniels
Riaz Daniels
Norrence Archibald

All players listed above must confirm their availability and whether they are going straight there or meeting at the Southbury Leisure Centre. They can do that either verbally at 7-a-side tomorrow night, by posting a reply here, by e-mailing me or by texting/phoning me on 07949 128505.
One player can confirm for others if they want (e.g. Imran can let me know what Riaz and Norrence are doing / Cascoe can let me know what Krishan is doing).

I have left the following players out because they either didn't turn up/were not available last Sunday, they owe too much subs, or they seemed to be saying after last Sunday's match that they didn't want to play this week:
John Scouller
Ivan Bass
Martin Worthington
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Tyrone Willis
Andre Griffiths

If they are still interested in playing for us though, we should be able to give them a game the following Sunday (19th August) as we have several players unavailable on that date.

If you are wondering why we have not got a goalkeeper for this match it is because Simon Jackson is on holiday. We do need to find another goalkeeper though, as Jacko does miss matches through work & family commitments now and again. If somebody can find a younger keeper who can also play as an outfield player, that would be ideal.

Also, Vas Michael (McKenzie Rangers' former Manager/Coach) has told us that he cannot join us due to family commitments, so we are therefore still looking for a Coach/Assistant Manager to help Trevor.
As Trevor is away for two weeks in September, we need to find somebody by then.

Re: Squad For This Sunday (12th August)

Martin Loveday replied to my text confirming that he will go in goal on Sunday.

Nobody is meeting at the Southbury Leisure Centre (at the moment) as those who played 7-a-side last night all said they would make their own way there to Harlow (from various different directions).
For example, I will be going from Edmonton Green to the A406, then onto the M11 to Harlow from Woodford.
Trevor will be coming from Barnet (A111) onto the M25 then onto the M11 to Harlow from there, so that means neither of us will be going anywhere near the Southbury Leisure Centre.

Loveday, Barney, Terry, Hagan, TK, Ben, Gavin & Frankie are all going straight to Harlow, while I have arranged to pick up Daley in Edmonton.
TJ says he will pick up Rafiel, but he doesn't know how to get to Harlow and wants to follow somebody, so that will have to be sorted out.
I have had no replies yet from Lexton, Cascoe, Krishan, Anthony DiCanio, Imran, Riaz & Norrence or Volkan & Dan McEnaney, so I have no idea what they are doing travel-wise, or indeed if any of them are even playing.

I have done a map here which might make this place easier to find.
Hopefully we will have at least 11 players there for the kick-off !

Lexton, Cascoe and a mate of Cascoe's are all playing, so we should have 14 there at least.
Krishan & DiCanio are not playing and I haven't heard anything from the others...although they might just turn up anyway ? They have all been texted with details and most of them said last Sunday that they would be playing.