THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Availability For Monday, Thursday and/or Sunday Next Week ?

Next week we have a 7-a-side match on Monday as usual (8.30.p.m. Kick-Off), but no game on Thursday. We will therefore be having training at Enfield Playing Fields instead, starting at 7.00.p.m.
I will then try to arrange a Friendly for next Sunday (5th August) as it looks like we should have enough players for that now, but the problem will then be players not wanting to play 7-a-side the day after because they are 'too stiff'.

As far as I am concerned, the most important function out of all those four is training on Thursday. Ideally we would like all players who want to play for us this season to attend instead of training with their Saturday clubs or playing 5-a-side with their workmates, especially as this is just a one-off Pre-Season Training session for us.

I therefore need to know TODAY whether anybody genuinely cannot attend that session, because if they can't, then I want to make sure they are in the 7-a-side squad for this coming Monday night...which I would like to name on here tomorrow morning.

So...can all players please either reply on here or text, phone or e-mail me at some stage today to let me know which of these four functions they are available for ? (I am hoping all four !).

Re: Availability For Monday, Thursday and/or Sunday Next Week ?

Ok for Monday. Be there Thursday not sure how fit. Available for Sunday. The week after is normal Monday ok Thursday if needed.

Available for all 4

I should be OK for all four as well.

The squad (of 9) for our 7-a-side League match tomorrow (Monday) night (8.30 p.m. Kick-Off against SHUG) will be as follows:
Tim Beeden (GK)
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Euripidou
Krishan Singh
Lexton Harrison
Ivan Bass
Tony King
Frankie Karemo
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
(another ex-McKenzie Rangers player who Frankie is bringing along).

All of the above players are doubtful for training on Thursday either because of training with Saturday clubs or because they will not be able to get there from work in time for the 7.00.p.m. start (or the players bringing them along are in that situation).

If any of those nine cannot play tomorrow night, then the replacements will come from either Alan Barnard, Martin Loveday, Gavin Mardell or Danny Hagan. I have not heard anything from Terry Moore yet, but he will also be added to that list if he says he can make both nights this week.

Another consideration I am looking at for 7-a-side tomorrow night is that I will NOT be putting in players who keep turning up to play but are not paying their £6.00 on the night. There are loads who have done that recently and it is taking the p!ss. We cannot give people free games at 7-a-side.
Training this coming Thursday night is free of charge, so if players cannot afford to/don't want to pay, then it's not a problem if they attend that.

As things stand, the only one I wouldn't be able to make Lol is next Sunday as I am away for the weekend.

I am not going to arrange a Friendly for Sunday 5th August now.
Possibly for the 12th, but I need to be convinced first that certain players (including most new players) are going to be reliable and be prepared to pay to play.

Here's the situation at 10.00.p.m. Sunday night...

The squad for Monday night is now as follows:
Tim Beeden (GK)
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Euripidou
Krishan Singh
Frankie Karemo
Ali 'TJ' Sowe
Tony King
Daniel Daley
Tyrone Willis

Most players who have contacted me are saying they cannot attend/do not want training on Thursday night. They want to play in a Pre-Season Friendly on Sunday instead. They do not want training on Sunday.
Gavin Mardell is the only player who is unavailable on Sunday.

The problem is...the numerous teams who want to play us this coming Sunday (from our League/our Division) do not have a pitch and think we can get one 'just like that' !
As I have said before though, we cannot use the Southgate Hockey Centre because of their Olympic camp-site. We can't use Hazelwood because they play cricket over there until mid-September.
I tried Enfield Council on Friday but a new bloke has taken over pitch bookings there who says we cannot book pitches for Pre-Season Friendlies until September !? He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about as I have been told the goalposts are already up at Enfield Playing Fields. However, if we just go over there this Sunday hoping to get on a pitch and put nets up for a Friendly without paying for a pitch, we will either get slung off by the groundsman or we will find about 100 other teams over there all with the same idea...which happened about 5 years ago when Enfield Council first decided to put goalposts up in August and hire the pitches out for Pre-Season Friendlies.

At the moment then, I would say it looks like nothing doing on Thursday (or just 6 of us doing shooting practice for Jacko) and then something being fixed up for Sunday at very short notice, possibly where a team has dropped out for a Pre-Season Friendly on a pitch in Cheshunt somewhere and we replace them.
I would expect us to have around 16-18 players wanting to play, but a few of them will 'oversleep'/not turn up, while plenty will not pay any subs. However, if it keeps the club going, then that's what I will try to arrange.

By the way, Lee King has announced he will not be playing this season, mainly because he owes too much subs and cannot afford it. He hopes to play again the following season. We are getting several McKenzie Rangers players now joining us as replacements though and several mates of current players as well.
Unfortunately Nev Niyazi (from McKenzie Rangers) is on holiday, so I can't get hold of 'Vas' (our prospective new Coach)...unless Daley or Cascoe can phone 'Vas' and get him along to 7-a-side tomorrow night (if he is not on holiday himself).

Lol,

As mentioned, am there tonight, I will do my best to be there at 7 on Thursday and OK for Sunday & Monday.

I have just been over Enfield Playing Fields this morning. They have only got goalposts up on four pitches for Pre-Season Friendlies and the lines were not marked out on those pitches...or at least not marked out clearly enough to play a match on them.

Tyrone Willis is not available tonight so I have called up Alan Barnard to replace him.
Apparently Daniel Euripidou might not be playing either, but we will still have 8 (not including me) if he is not, so I am not going to call anybody else up just yet.

Lol I've lost your number again as I've had to get yet another phone. I've just finished work and I'm told that tomorrow afternoon I am out at a job in burnham...this could mean I may not make training. Not definite but a possibility

Hagan
Lol I've lost your number again as I've had to get yet another phone. I've just finished work and I'm told that tomorrow afternoon I am out at a job in burnham...this could mean I may not make training. Not definite but a possibility
I messaged you on Facebook yesterday morning. I presume you got that ?
I need you to reply and give me your new number.