THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-side Squad for Thursday (26th July v. North London Old Boys)

Our next match this coming Thursday against North London Old Boys is a 7.30.p.m. Kick-Off which means Lexton will probably turn up well after that (again) but I am going to name him and Kizza nonetheless as we don't have too many other options at the moment with Alan Barnard unavailable this week and most players only able to play on Mondays. Kizza actually turned up and played last night !!!

As for other possibilities, I spoke to Dougie Daniels at 7-a-side last night and he said Imran got injured playing against us for Pat's Boys the other week and Riaz is on holiday, but they are both interested in playing for us on Thursdays and for 11-a-side. I now have Dougie's mobile number, so we will get them along in a couple of weeks time when Riaz comes back and we can now avoid the mix-up that happened last Thursday when they didn't turn up and I had to play instead.

Jacko has now got in touch after failing to turn up at the AGM. As we suspected, he does have a few work/personal issues at the moment and he is currently not sure about playing next season (and 7-a-side). Whether we can train or not during next season will also have a bearing on whether he plays for us as he accepts that he makes too many costly mistakes when we do not have training. With Darryl Johnson retiring through injury, we could do with another goalkeeper anyway...and preferably somebody in their late teens/early 20's (e.g. Olie Tedder if he can get out of bed on Sunday mornings !?), so if anybody knows a goalkeeper who can play in this match on Thursday night please let me know. (Tim Beeden currently has an injury).
If Jacko has 'left', then Martin Worthington might be a doubt for staying with us as well, as Jacko brings him along/gives him a lift. As far as I know, Martin is still on holiday.

This evening I will be attempting to phone and speak to John Scouller, Lee King and Martin Cruickshank as per the 'mandate' given to me by our players at the AGM ! I am hoping they can all say they can afford to pay their subs and play in this match, so the squad (of 9) will then be as follows:
Tim Beeden (GK) (Injury permitting) or a new goalkeeper if anybody can find one !
Terry Moore
Danny Hagan
Lexton Harrison
Ben Keating
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
John Scouller
Lee King
Martin Cruickshank

I have left Ivan Bass out for the time being because he has dropped out for the last three matches at short notice due to work and family commitments, although if he is available for this match, I would suggest Lexton brings him along as we could well have a squad of just 6 including me (again), although at least Gavin Mardell is available to play if needed.

That's the situation at the moment.

Re: 7-a-side Squad for Thursday (26th July v. North London Old Boys)

I can play Thursday unless you find somebody better.

Jacko

Jacko
I can play Thursday unless you find somebody better.

Jacko
Sounds good to me....and you have a trophy to pick up !
You're in.

Ok see you there.

I cannot get any answer from John, Lee or Martin C.
Their phones (both home & mobile) either just ring and ring, go onto voicemail, divert to 'nothing' or have been 'cut off'.
In Martin's case, his mobile number that we all have for him now belongs to somebody else...a Scouse woman ! I had to apologise to her because apparently a lot of our players have been dialling that number since she was given it two weeks ago. (Whatever provider Martin was with cut him off because he wasn't paying his bills). Please therefore delete that number from your address books. I have no idea if he has a new mobile phone or not.

At the moment we only have a bare seven, which is:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Danny Hagan
Gavin Mardell
Lexton Harrison
Ben Keating
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo

Lexton is trying to find out if Ivan Bass is available this week to make the squad up to 8, but as we all know from our experiences over the past few weeks, there is quite a strong possibility that Lexton, Ivan and Kizza will not be there in time for the Kick-Off, leaving us with only six players including me.
Ideally, we really need one more from somewhere so that we have at least seven there to start.
Any volunteers ?

Kris Spyrou has asked to play if we are short, so I have told him to come along.
Also, Ben says he will try and bring his brother along.
I have no idea whether Ivan Bass is playing or not because Lexton doesn't turn his phone on until about 7.25.p.m.

As usual for a Thursday night match, we will either have 10 there for the Kick-Off (too many) or only 6 including me.