THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-side Squad for Thursday (19th July v. Queens Park Strangers)

Our next match is this coming Thursday when we play Queens Park Strangers at 7.30.p.m.

The squad is currently as follows:
Tim Beeden (GK)
Lexton Harrison
Ivan Bass
Ben Keating
Imran Daniels
Riaz Daniels
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo !

I need three more though (including me if necessary) because we know how unreliable Kizza can be, while I don't have Imran & Riaz's phone numbers, so I am just going to have to hope they turn up. I am sure they will be a lot more reliable than most of our current players though as they seem to be there on a Monday every week ! They were playing at 7.30.p.m. tonight (for Pat's Boys in the Monday Night League) but our game was an 8.30.p.m. Kick-Off, so I didn't get a chance to speak to them. It was arranged through their father, Dougie...and I don't have his number either.

We appear to have nobody else available whatsoever as numerous players have just disappeared and are not replying to text messages.
Hopefully a couple of those who played tonight (Monday) will be able to help out at the last minute again if necessary ?

Re: 7-a-side Squad for Thursday (19th July v. Queens Park Strangers)

I'm ok to play

I am playing golf so cannot play.

Alan Barnard, Gavin Mardell & Terry Moore have told me they can all play if needed, so I think I am going to have to include them in a squad of 10.
I will be absolutely amazed if we end up with 10 there on the night of course ! The way things have been going lately, it will more likely be a bare seven including me.

I am still getting no replies from John Scouller, Lee King or Martin Cruickshank (as regards regulars from last season) or about 20 others who I texted the other night...those being occasional or former Rovers players who are always telling me they will play 'if we are short'.
As about 99% of the texts I sent were actually delivered, I can only assume that most of those players (and especially John, Lee & Martin) have either lost their mobiles phones, run out of credit for them/not paid their bill, can't get on the internet to e-mail/Facebook message me (or post on here) because they don't have an internet connection at home or work and rely on their mobile (smartphone) for that...or they have gone away on holiday and not told us.

I have home phone numbers for Lee and Martin, but I am not going to use up my phone bill to chat for hours (as I invariably do). Phoning their mobiles is even more expensive. Somebody else can do that.
(I have a feeling that Lee, Martin & John will/can answer phone calls to their mobiles but they have been cut off from making calls and sending texts).

Basically, it's a ridiculous situation in this day and age when we can't get things sorted out (for free) on here or by e-mail. It's like going back to how we ran the club in the late-70's when the only way we could get in touch with players was by posting circulars via 'snail mail' or going round their houses and knocking on their doors ! (No mobiles, no texts, no e-mails, no websites, no Forums back in those days).

Let me know if I'm definitely needed mate, I need to know by about 6.45 at the latest.
Cheers
Barney

See u there