THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squad for Thursday 12th July v. Wood Green Old Boys 'B'

The squad for our match against Wood Green Old Boys 'B' this coming Thursday night (7.30.p.m. Kick-Off) is now as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Martin Worthington
Ivan Bass
Lexton Harrison
Danny Hagan
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Ben Keating
& his mate who plays for Cheshunt

Unfortunately I have had to leave Lee King out for the time being as John Scouller didn't turn up for our match tonight (Monday) and I don't know where he is. As far as I know, John is the only one who can give Lee a lift, but I have to leave John out as it's unfair on others.
Kizza has been pestering us for a game, Ben is available and it's worth giving his mate a game if he plays for Cheshunt, while Hagan is back from Ibiza but in what state I do not know !?

Following what happened tonight (Monday League) where we had to concede the match because Frankie Karemo dropped out at short notice, Tony King couldn't get there until after the kick-off, and John Scouller, Volkan Dalgic and Dan McEnaney all failed to turn up for some reason, we are now going to bring in a new rule from this match onwards whereby everybody named in the squad MUST confirm their availability either on here or by texting me on 07949 128505 (or replying to any text I send them) by 5.00.p.m. on the day of the match. If they don't, then we will take it that they are unavailable/stuck at work and we will try and call up others to replace them.
If players who did not confirm their availability just turn up on the night and we end up with a squad of 9 or more, then they will not be given a game if we have managed to find replacements.

Also, anybody who fails to confirm/fails to turn up for a match will be left out of the next squad to give others a chance...which will be the case next Monday.
If John, Volkan & Dan have legitimate excuses, I will put them back in the squad again the following Monday.

Re: 7-a-Side Squad for Thursday 12th July v. Wood Green Old Boys 'B'

Kizza has confirmed by text that he will be there on Thursday.

Trevor Hughes
Kizza has confirmed by text that he will be there on Thursday.
...and so has Danny Hagan.

I'll be there, just confirming with martin now.....

Martin W canny play

Me an jay will be there

Jacko
Martin W canny play
I take it 'canny' means 'cannot' (as in 'cannae'...Scottish) ?

Ivan Bass has also dropped out, so at the moment we only have six players as follows (all of whom have confirmed their availability):
Simon Jackson (GK)
Lexton Harrison
Danny Hagan
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Ben Keating
Jay Rolfe

With it being a 7.30.p.m. Kick-Off, I would say there is a pretty strong chance that either Lexton or Kizza (or probably both) will turn up after the kick-off as they will be relying on trains, so we MUST make sure we have a squad of 9 including me.

I don't know where Ben's mate Jay plays, but I would guess we are going to need a defender and a midfielder.
Cascoe and his mate Daniel Euripidou would solve the problem if I can persuade them to play 7-a-side instead of training with Wormley Rovers...which somehow I doubt. Also, I am unlikely to get an answer from them until after 5.00.p.m.

Other options are Lee King if Ben or Jay are driving and can give him a lift from Bullsmoor Lane or wherever ?, Frankie Karemo (who dropped out on Monday because of a work meeting), and John Scouller plus whoever he can bring. I still haven't heard from John since he failed to turn up on Monday though.
Kris Spyrou keeps offering to play at short notice if we are short, but I would rather use players who are going to be playing 11-a-side for us next season, so it's up to them to post on here or text me asap if they want to play tonight...before I go and get somebody else.

I will post further updates as soon as I can.

Yes it does.

He can play next Monday. but not next Thursday as he is on holiday.

Jacko
Yes it does.

He can play next Monday. but not next Thursday as he is on holiday.
O.K. Noted.

Can't get any answer from Cascoe/Dan E or Frankie.
We are almost certainly going to have to wait until after 5.00.p.m./whenever they finish work.

We still only have 6 players.

Still no answer from Cascoe/Dan E, Frankie or Lee King.
Have they all got O2 phones !?

At the moment we are in a situation where we could only have six players, but then on the other hand, all four of them get in touch in the next hour or so wanting to play and we end up with a squad of 10 !
If I phone John Scouller and get him and others to come along, we could even have 13 or 14 !

Total nightmare and there's nothing I can do about it I'm afraid. Trev will have to deal with it when we get there.

Don't put me or my mates in Monday's squad laul

Smithy
Don't put me or my mates in Monday's squad laul
Can you confirm that after reading what I have just posted here ? (I didn't see this message while I was typing it).

My mates team cheshunt town in the 3rd division said they would play us .can we do this sunday .can we use enfield playing fields it would be good fitness for us what do u think?

Ben keating
My mates team cheshunt town in the 3rd division said they would play us .can we do this sunday .can we use enfield playing fields it would be good fitness for us what do u think?
Are there goalposts up over there then ? I will be amazed if there are !

There manager said cheshunt football club or chigwell police Academy club if u wanted to try arrange a pitch

Ben keating
There manager said cheshunt football club or chigwell police Academy club if u wanted to try arrange a pitch
How are we going to get a team out this Sunday when we couldn't even field a side for our last two 7-a-side League matches ?

Way too risky fixing a match up for this Sunday at the moment. We need to see if we can field a team tonight and this coming Thursday night first, then see who turns up to the AGM on Friday.
If enough players are committed, then we could play Cheshunt Town on Sunday 29th July or Sunday 5th August...if they can book the pitch. (I am not doing it as I don't have the contacts at those two venues).

Another problem with playing Cheshunt Town is that one of their players is apparently 'after me', so if we want a mass punch-up as well as a football match, then we'll go for it !

Lol

Whos that then

Ben keating
Whos that then
You don't expect me to say on here do you ?
Turn up on Thursday and I'll tell you then.