THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squad for Thursday 5th July v. New River 'A'

Our next 7-a-side League match is this coming Thursday night when we play New River 'A'. This game is a 7.30.p.m. Kick-Off.

I may not be able to list the squad on here until tomorrow (Wednesday) morning as I need to check on the availability of a number of players first.

Re: 7-a-Side Squad for Thursday 5th July v. New River 'A'

Here's the squad I would like for tomorrow night...
Simon Jackson (GK) or Tim Beeden (GK)
Lexton Harrison
Ivan Bass
Alan Barnard
Ben Keating
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Euripidou
John Scouller

However, although they were all texted yesterday afternoon, I don't yet know if Jacko wants to/can play, I don't yet know if Ben is working in Norwich again, I don't yet know if Cascoe and Daniel are training with Wormley Rovers instead of playing 7-a-side for us, and I don't know if John wants to play bearing in mind we do not need any of his mates (i.e. Frazer John & Chris Adjei) for this match...although we probably will do if Ben, Cascoe & Daniel are not playing.
I will be putting Gavin Mardell in ahead of John's mates first though, as he is available and has signed up whereas Frazer and Chris are not committing themselves. I will also give Lee King a game ahead of Frazer & Chris if he wants to get in touch.

At the moment, only Lexton, Ivan & Barney have confirmed they are definitely playing. It's possible that the others may not let me know until the day of the match.

I cannot play on Thursday.

I'm ok to play

Ben is working in Norwich again.

I have heard nothing from Cascoe and his mate Dan.

I definitely need Barney to play, so including him we only have 4 at the moment.

I doubt whether anything will get sorted out until about 6.00.p.m. tonight.
Could end up with me playing in a bare five !

I can probably play but have football at lunch today. Let me know later if I am required.

Gavin Mardell also said he can play if needed.

The problem I have got at the moment is that I could say to Loveday & Gavin to come along and for John to bring Frazer & Chris, but then Cascoe phones me at 6.00 (as normal) and says him and Dan are coming...leaving us with a squad of 10 (or even 11 if John wants to play himself).

To be honest, we only need 7 for this match with me as a sub to come on if anybody gets injured/really knackered.
I might have to phone people after 6.00.p.m. and tell them not to come along...but who ?

As i say i have played this lunch and quite sore would rather not play.

I have told John to bring two players (not including himself). Just waiting for a reply/confirmation.

If Cascoe phones me back when he finishes work (at 6.00.p.m. ?) and says him and Daniel E are not playing, I will then text Gavin and hope it's not too late. We should then have 7 at least (not including Loveday, John & me).

Cascoe has just phoned from a mate's phone because his own phone isn't working (so he didn't get my message).

He will phone Daniel Euripidou asap and they will make a decision before 5.00.p.m. as to whether to play 7-a-side tonight or go training with Wormley instead. (The dilemma they have is that if they don't go training, it hampers their chances of getting in Wormley's First Team).

If they decide not to play, then John can't get anybody and decides not to play himself, Loveday and myself will then have to play in a bare seven !
...and it is very hot and humid out there.

The squad for tonight is now confirmed as follows:
Tim Beeden (GK)
Alan Barnard
Ivan Bass
Gavin Mardell
Lexton Harrison
Lee King
John Scouller

plus myself to come on if anybody gets injured/really knackered...although Loveday can come along to take my place and do that if he wants ?

Cascoe and Daniel E would have played tonight if we were short, but as Lee can now play and we need to give John a full game so he gets fit, I have 'allowed' them to go and train with Wormley. The same will apply for all remaining Thursdays.

Frazer John has flu and was unavailable anyway. John couldn't get hold of Chris Adjei.