THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pre-Season Training Session ?

I have just noticed that we have no 7-a-side match on Thursday 2nd August because it is a League of 9 teams and we are the odd one out that week.

I think this is an ideal date for us to have a proper Pre-Season Training session for ALL players who want to play for us next season...unless they are on holiday or training with Semi-Pro clubs on the same night of course. Hopefully those who are playing in the Monday night match that week will be able to attend on Thursday as well ?

Hopefully we can book the grass area at the Southgate Hockey Centre starting from 7.00.p.m. until it gets dark (about 8.30.p.m. ?) including use of at least one full-size goal. They do charge us quite a bit so we would have to charge all players who attend £3.00 each, but we have had some excellent training sessions over there before in-between our 7-a-side matches, so I think this is a good idea. I am sure Jacko will agree for a start !

The problem will be if we have not found a Manager by then and/or the grass area is being used as an Olympic camp-site and/or somebody else has the same idea and has already booked it. Unfortunately all of them are extremely likely but I will make enquiries nonetheless...unless anybody has another suggestion ?

Re: Pre-Season Training Session ?

I#d be up for that.