THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squad for Monday 25th June (v. Slim Line)

Our next 7-a-side League match this coming Monday night is an 8.30.p.m. Kick-Off on the newly-laid Astroturf against Slim Line (who were previously known as 1664...and a good side).

Our Thursday Night team lost 12-2 in their first match on this new Astroturf tonight, mainly because we had no defenders and too many new players all playing at the same time against a quality side, but the Astroturf was very slippery for some reason...so beware ! It appears that the only boots that will hold up on the surface are proper dimpled Astroturf boots. Some of our players were wearing Astroturf boots with small rectangular-shaped grips/'studs' or flat-soled trainers and they kept losing their footing. Liz from the SHC was watching the matches and she claimed that it was because of sand on the surface which will have 'gone' by Monday, but I am not so sure.

Anyway, our squad for this match will be as follows (subject to availability):
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Gavin Mardell
Danny Smith
Tony King
Daniel McEnaney
Volkan Dalgic
John Scouller

If John wants to bring Chris Adjei and/or Gavin Campbell to give them a game instead of Dan and Volkan, he can do so if he wants.
If anybody drops out, Terry Moore will be the first-choice replacement.

Also just a warning that if England beat Italy on Sunday night, then we will have no match on Thursday as England's Semi-Final is being played that evening.
Needless to say, because of that likely scenario, I have loads of players wanting to play 7-a-side on Monday next week, but I can't please everybody.

Re: 7-a-Side Squad for Monday 25th June (v. Slim Line)

I'm ok for Monday night Lol

Should be fine.

I should be good as well mate - any probs, I'll let you know.
Cheers
Barney

Yep, see you then.

Just waiting for John Scouller & mates to confirm at the moment. They don't normally do so until late afternoon though.

Everybody else is o.k.

Squad for tonight is now:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Gavin Mardell
Terry Moore
Tony King
Danny Smith
Volkan Dalgic
Frankie Karemo
(Ex-McKenzie Rangers midfielder).

John Scouller will be there but doesn't want to play as he has blisters.
Dan McEnaney is not available as he is having a trial for a Saturday side (I think).