THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squad for Thursday 21st June (v. The Condensers)

This coming Thursday night's match against The Condensers has now been confirmed as being our first on the new Astroturf. (7.30.p.m. Kick-Off).

Please note: ALL PLAYERS MUST WEAR PIMPLE-SOLED OR FLAT-SOLED TRAINERS OTHERWISE THE REFEREES WILL STOP THEM FROM PLAYING. It is not a 3G Astroturf, so no moulded-stud/bladed boots can be worn.

I am still sorting out the squad for this match but definitely playing will be:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Danny Hagan
Ben Keating
Daniel Cascoe
Lexton Harrison
Ivan Bass

The team we are playing are currently top and have a load of Semi-Pros playing for them, so I would like us to field a strong side for this match...as we did last Summer when we beat them 7-6.

I will announce the other two players in the squad as soon as I can. (As usual, certain people are not replying to texts or Facebook messages at the moment)

Re: 7-a-Side Squad for Thursday 21st June (v. The Condensers)

Still got loads of players not replying or not making their minds up. I am guessing that's because they are too busy at work Mon-Fri 9-6 whereas I am not !

It's making it very difficult for me to get a squad sorted out here.
The situation at the moment is that I am going to have to phone John Scouller during the day tomorrow and possibly ask him to find 2 or 3 players, but if he can't because it's too short notice, then it will end up with me playing in a bare five.

Can players please post on here or text me if you are not in the squad at the moment but can play tomorrow night with up to just an hour's notice.

I'm ok

Ivan Bass is not playing and Cascoe still hasn't confirmed his availability.
We only have 6 definites at the moment including myself and John Scouller. The others are Jacko, Hagan, Lexton & Ben.

I have asked John to find two more players and Cascoe to bring a mate along who apparently wants to join us. (Cascoe wanted to bring him last Thursday). I have no idea who he is or where he plays.
John says he will let me know by mid-day today. Cascoe normally texts me about 2 hours before kick-off.

At least five players I tried to get for this match (including Ivan Bass) have told me they are unavailable but can play next Thursday...when we won't have a match if England beat Italy.
That also applies to Terry Moore who is on holiday this week.

Looks like we have at least 7 now.

Cascoe is playing and John has got two of his mates to play... Fraser John (a forward who plays for Broxbourne Borough on Saturdays) and Andre Griffiths (a midfielder who has played for Waltham Forest in the Ryman League amongst others).

Cascoe's mate that he was originally due to be bringing is not playing, but he might be bringing somebody else now, which will make the squad up to 8. John will be there but he doesn't particularly want to play as he played on Monday night.

Kris Spyrou texted me earlier to say he would play if we are short, but it looks like we will be o.k. for numbers now.