THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squad for Monday 18th June (v. Southgate Allstars)

Our next 7-a-side League match is this coming Monday night against bottom team Southgate Allstars but we don't yet know the kick-off time or whether we will be playing on grass or the new Astroturf. Hopefully the Southgate Hockey Centre will let us know tomorrow (Friday).

The squad of 9 for this match (subject to availability) will be as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Martin Loveday
Gavin Mardell
Danny Hagan
Danny Smith
Lee King
John Scouller
& one mate
(preferably a forward or midfielder).

Tim Beeden and Terry Moore are not available and neither is Manager Trevor Hughes at the moment.

I am planning on picking the following players for our next Thursday night match...which is why they have been left out of this one:
Lexton Harrison
Ivan Bass
Daniel Cascoe
& a mate who is interested in joining
(if he is a midfielder)
Ben Keating
Martin Worthington
Frankie Karemo
(ex-McKenzie Rangers player)
I also need Tim Beeden to let me know if he can play in goal on Thursday if Jacko can't.

Obviously I still want John Scouller's mates to join, but it's difficult to pick them ahead of others for next week's matches when John keeps having to drop out at the last minute and is unable to give them a lift.
I will try and give them a game the following week, but I will need assurances that they will all definitely turn up.

Re: 7-a-Side Squad for Monday 18th June (v. Southgate Allstars)

It's just been confirmed that Monday night's game will be a 7.30.p.m. Kick-Off on grass.
The SHC have assured us that the new Astroturf will be ready by the following Monday (25th June).

Was not intending on playing to be honest too busy at work.

Loveday
Was not intending on playing to be honest too busy at work.
O.K. No problem. I'll get another one of John's mates to play instead.

Martin Worthington cannot play this week, but hopefully will be about the week after.

I'm still not sure about playing Monday night, will let you know asap....

Tim is not available for the next three Monday nights but can play the next three Thursdays...I think ?

We only have three players for tomorrow night's match at the moment, which is Jacko, Hagan & Smithy.
Nobody else has confirmed their availability yet.

I am now out for the rest of today filming another Tournament at West Ham, so I won't be able to start chasing players up until I get home at about 8.00.p.m. tonight....while they are watching Euro 2012.

Basically I need Barney & Gavin to confirm they can play and for John to confirm he is playing and can bring two others (which can include Lee King if he can afford to pay).

I won't be able to answer phone calls today while I am filming, so please either leave a message on here or text me.

I'm fine to play, see you then.

I am ok to play tomorrow evening Lol

John Scouller is currently finding out who he can get to play tonight.
I have Facebook-messaged Lee King but had no reply yet. Hopefully he is working during the day and can play tonight !?

It is quite possible that we won't know if we have got a squad of 7 until about 30 minutes before kick-off.

All sorted for tonight now. A good squad of 8 as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Gavin Mardell
Danny Hagan
Danny Smith
Dan McKenahie
Volkan Dalgic
Gavin Campbell

John Scouller and myself will also be there to play if anybody drops out at the last minute.