THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AGM

With most of my Cup Final & Tournament filming & editing now out of the way, thankfully I can now concentrate on Rovers for the rest of the Summer.

The first thing I need to get sorted is a date for the club AGM.
Last Summer we had the AGM on a Friday night and it turned out to be our most successful for years with only two players failing to turn up (because they didn't read their e-mails or this Forum ?).
I don't think there is any doubt that we should have the AGM on a Friday night again, so let's just hope that none of our players are superstitious, as the most convenient date at the moment looks like being Friday 13th July.
That's because Euro 2012 will have finished by then and Trevor will be back in time from a holiday in Las Vegas. It will also give me time to work on getting some DVD's ready to show, including the Goal Of The Season competition of course.

If anybody is on holiday or has a prior engagement for that date, can they please let me know as soon as possible before we start booking up a room/pub for us to use ?
If there are too many who cannot attend on the 13th, it is possible that we could have the AGM on Friday 20th or Friday 27th July instead, although that will be the start of the school holidays, which may mean those of our players who have kids might be away...which will almost certainly be the case during August.

We also need to find a suitable place to have the AGM. The Beehive was o.k. last year apart from it being packed out with the husbands of hundreds of women who had gone off to do that 'Midnight Hike Charity Walk' thing...which won't be the case this year as that event has already been and gone. If we use the Beehive again though, we really need to check that there is going to be room for us this time !
Another alternative might be Edmonton Cricket Club/Norsemen...can Barney & Hagan please advise ?

Re: AGM

Problem...Edmonton Cricket Club is not available for Friday 13th July.
I'm not sure about the 20th or 27th July yet, but before we try and book it for either of those two dates instead, we need to know if anybody is away and cannot make it.

As regards the Beehive, the problem there is that it was booked for us last time by Stuart Dorward & Paul Rebairo (who have not been around this season). I don't know anybody at the Beehive.

Just to confirm that the AGM is definitely taking place this coming Friday night at Edmonton Cricket Club, starting at 7.00.p.m.

There is no charge for attending, so we hope as many current players, ex-players and prospective new players as possible will turn up.

Full details have just been e-mailed out this morning, so please check your inboxes.

If anybody fails to turn up without giving us an excuse beforehand, then we will be taking it that they do not want to play for us next season.

I am still waiting for Players' Player Of The Year votes from the following players who have not replied to my text request...
Martin Cruickshank
Lexton Harrison
Simon Jackson
Ben Keating
Lee King
Tony King
John Scouller

I need their votes to be texted to me on 07949 128505 by tomorrow (Thursday) evening at the latest so that I can get the winner's name engraved on the trophy for Friday night.
We managed to get all the votes in and do that for last season's AGM and ideally I would like to do the same again.

Players can also private message me on Facebook or e-mail me their votes if their mobile phones are 'not working/lost' but they can get on the internet somewhere.

Laurence Hughes
I am still waiting for Players' Player Of The Year votes from the following players who have not replied to my text request...
Martin Cruickshank
Lexton Harrison
Simon Jackson
Ben Keating
Lee King
Tony King
John Scouller
Votes received from Lexton, Ben and John.

Now it's Jacko and Tony King who seem to have disappeared !
Hope Jacko is about tomorrow night as he is supposed to be bringing his laptop & projector so we can show the Goal Of The Season DVD...although no doubt we will all end up watching Team GB v. Brazil instead (assuming there is a TV in the bar ?)

Apologies for not putting anything on here or updating the website yesterday (Saturday) regarding how the AGM went. I was busy with various work-related things.
It was good to have players who were not in attendance texting me to ask though !

We had 12 club members there as follows: Myself, Trevor, Terry Moore, Barney, Loveday, Hagan, Tim, Gavin, Daley, Cascoe, Lexton & Steve Cokell.
Apologies for absence were received from Ben Keating, Tony King, John Scouller, Martin Worthington, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo & Stuart Dorward, but all of them intend playing for us this season (or at least signing up), so at least we know where we stand there.

Those who failed to turn up though included Simon Jackson, Martin Cruickshank, Lee King & Leon Mc-Kenzie-McKay.
I have since read on Facebook that Leon doesn't want to play next season, so that's fine. At least we now know. However, it was agreed at the meeting that I will have to phone Lee and Martin on their home numbers to speak to them personally...which I will try and do this evening. They failed to reply to e-mail, Forum, Facebook & text messages, so we are all assuming that their smartphones have run out of credit !
The worrying one out of those four is Jacko, who has not been heard from since last Monday when he played 7-a-side. Like Lee and Martin, we didn't get his Player's Player Of The Year votes, but hopefully the final result wasn't affected.
Terry Moore won that award, while Jacko himself won the Manager's Player Of The Year award (but of course was not there to receive it). We had the same problem for the Clubman and Most Improved Player awards which were won by John Scouller and Ben Keating respectively, but again, they were not at the meeting.
Fortunately, Daniel Daley was there to receive his Top Goalscorer trophy, while Steve Cokell and Danny Hagan were awarded shields for 200 and 100 appearances respectively. Tony King was not there to receive his 100 appearances shield.

Although Jacko wasn't there with his projector, we managed to get a battered old TV set working to show the Goal Of The Season Top 10 DVD. Cascoe's goal at Home to Flamstead End was the winner.

We had a very lengthy (and 'healthy') debate regarding finding new players for the coming season, especially as we were all rightly concerned about recent non-fulfilments in 7-a-side matches.
I will now be exploring several different options over the next few days so that we can have enough players registered by the 20th August deadline for our first League match on the 2nd September.
We also discussed a potential new Coach/Assistant Manager and that will be followed up as soon as I can.
I will explain all in my next Chairman's Blog which I hope to have online by tomorrow (Monday) afternoon.
The Latest Club News page will also be fully updated by then (as a result of things that were sorted out at the AGM).

I would like to thank Barney for getting the main room at Edmonton Cricket Club for us to use. It was a perfect room for the AGM with no noise coming in from elsewhere whatsoever. I honestly cannot remember another AGM when I did not have to shout or use a microphone !
We must use this place again next season.