THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squad for Thursday 7th June (v. Queens Park Strangers)

Our next 7-a-side match is next Thursday (7th June) against Queens Park Strangers.
This will hopefully be the last match we play on grass over there as the new Astroturf is supposed to be ready for use the following Monday. This match is therefore another 7.30.p.m. Kick-Off.

I have named a squad of 9 as follows (subject to availability):
Simon Jackson (GK)
Lexton Harrison
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Ben Keating
Fraser John
Dan McKenahie
Volkan Dalgic
John Scouller

Fraser, Dan & Volkan are all John's mates, so he will be bringing them along. Hopefully there is no gridlock on the A121 in Waltham Cross/Abbey this time, although those roadworks in Highbridge Street are ongoing, so they might have to find another route ? John will play if anybody drops out at the last minute.

Both myself and Trevor will be there for this match, so please phone/text us or post a message on here if you cannot play.

Re: 7-a-Side Squad for Thursday 7th June (v. Queens Park Strangers)

Can I have some players listed in the squad for this match confirming their availability on here to save me a few texts & phone calls later today ?
Cheers.

Jacko, Hagan, Ben & John have all confirmed their availability. John will pick up Ben.
Fraser, Volkan & Dan should all be playing but John will confirm that later.

Lexton says he is 'not available' and I am getting no reply from Cascoe. I tried to get Smithy as a replacement for Lex but he is away this week....as are others I suspect ? (School half-term).

Terry Moore says he has brought his boots in to work and can play if needed. I think he probably will be, but I won't know until John confirms who he has got later this afternoon...by which time there will be a torrential downpour with 70 mph winds bringing down trees in Snakes Lane and overhead cables on the Liverpool Street line if the current weather forecast is correct !

So...everything all a bit 'up in the air' at the moment (as usual) and no doubt it is going to be a case of frantic last-minute phone calls sometime between 6.30.-7.00.p.m. in order for us to field a team.
I definitely cannot play this time as I have strained my knee ligaments somehow.

Everybody has now confirmed their availability for tonight.
Squad as listed except for Terry Moore replacing Lexton.
John will be bringing his boots and will play if anybody has to drop out at the last minute.

In terms of ability it's the strongest squad we have fielded for ages, so we now hope the game is on.
It is currently chucking it down though.

GAME OFF !

I will text everybody as soon as I can.

I will also pick the same squad for next Thursday's game unless anybody tells me they are unavailable.
We probably won't be playing on Monday because of the England match, but I'll confirm that later.