THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squad for Monday 21st May (v. K & M Old Boys 'B')

Our next 7-a-side match (still on grass with a 7.15.p.m. Kick-Off) is against K & M Old Boys 'B' this coming Monday.
K & M won the Monday Night League by a mile last Summer, thrashing us 9-1 the last time we played them, but I am not too concerned about that. This match is more a question for us of just trying out new players and regaining our fitness after a long lay-off, and if we get thrashed like that again, so be it.
I don't really want to pick 'all our best players' at the expense of others as I think that's unfair. I am trying to avoid picking players to play on both nights each week.

The squad for this match will therefore be as follows:
Tim Beeden or Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Sam Benjamin
Courtney Brown
Terry Brown
John Scouller

& 3 others John might be able to bring along/give a lift. That can include Ben Keating, Lee King & Lexton Harrison if they are available. (We will worry about subs owed later if they can't afford to pay now).

I am now going to be out filming Cup Finals and Tournaments all over the Country from mid-day today until late Sunday night, so I am going to have to leave Barney and John Scouller to chase up players for this match and make sure we have a squad. That includes who is going on goal.

It is doubtful whether I will be there on Monday night as I will have too much editing work to do. Trevor will still be away in Cyprus.

I will also be missing next Thursday's match due to filming a Tournament, but Trevor will be back for that.
I will put the Thursday Night squad for next week on the Forum on Monday or Tuesday, but it will include Terry Moore (who is not available on Monday) as a replacement for Barney (who would ather play on Monday). I presume everybody who played last night is available again next Thursday ?
I know we lost 4-2 with Daley & Hagan scoring our goals, but I don't know anything other than that.

Re: 7-a-Side Squad for Monday 21st May (v. K & M Old Boys 'B')

Cant play or give lifts now got work. bollacked by the boss so now workin that night sorry lads

FFS John! If johns not playing then neither am I!

Why is it me or Tim? I should be number 1. I always get blamed for fake posts on the forum. Had enough. Say sorry or i'm leaving (for the 100th time)

Team for tomorrow is currently:

Tim Beeden (GK)
Martin Loveday
Alan Barnard
Sam Benjamin
Danny Hagan
Gavin Mardell
Courtney Brown

And ideally at least one other player. I'm going to try to chase up a couple of people tomorrow, but if anyone at all fancies a game, please post something on here.

Cheers
Barney

Ignore what it says on the embedded Fixtures Live League Table on the Monday Night League page.
Tonight's game against K & M Old Boys is definitely ON !

Sorry Lawrence only just checked today as thought you were only sticking me in the thursday league, am Availble this thursday and i'll check before monday's game from now on. cheers.

terrence brown isnt me, if your going to use my name can you spell it correctly please. ha

Tim brought the kit, etc. round to me after last night's game and said we lost 7-4 after being 3-0 down and then 6-0 down at one stage in the Second Half, but he wasn't 100% sure. (Lost count ?).
He also couldn't remember our goalscorers and said we only had 7 players.

Can somebody please confirm this for me so that I can update the website ?

Terry Brown
Sorry Lawrence only just checked today as thought you were only sticking me in the thursday league, am Availble this thursday and i'll check before monday's game from now on. cheers.
You can play whatever night you like Tel, but like 100 or so other players, it depends on John playing and giving you a lift.

We think Courtney got 2 and Dan got 2, but it may have been Courtney 1, Dan 3 (Dan should be able to confirm).

Barney
We think Courtney got 2 and Dan got 2, but it may have been Courtney 1, Dan 3 (Dan should be able to confirm).
I don't think Hagan can post on here from his Blackberry
I'll Facebook message him as he's always on there.