THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squad for Thursday 17th May (v. Latymer Old Boys)

This coming Thursday we are playing Latymer Old Boys (on grass). 7.15.p.m. Kick-Off.
Weather permitting, this will now be our first Thursday Night match of the Summer.

The squad is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Martin Loveday
Alan Barnard
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Daley
Terry Brown
& one of John Scouller's work-mates
(to be decided).
John will be the 9th player and will play if anybody drops out at the last minute.

As already mentioned, neither myself or Trevor will be there, so Barney and/or Loveday will be in charge on the night.
I will leave the kit and subs tin, etc. with Tim Beeden after the Monday night match for him to give to Barney.

Re: 7-a-Side Squad for Thursday 17th May (v. Latymer Old Boys)

Just an update on this...

Everybody has 'sort of' confirmed except Daley...who has not replied to my text for some reason. I have told Cascoe to chase him up.

The problem is still the weather. I have no idea what the pitches must be like after yesterday afternoon's hail/thunderstorm, so there's always the possibility of it being called off yet again on the day of the match. It's difficult to get players to commit themselves at the moment because of that.
However, the current forecast is for it to be dry up until tomorrow night.

Another problem tomorrow is that I am out all day filming a Tournament in Norwich, so my phone will be switched off and I will not have access to the internet. If the game does get called off or if players drop out, I will not be able to do anything about it.

At the moment, Barney is due to be picking up the kit, etc from me this evening, so hopefully he will be able to sort things out/chase players up tomorrow if necessary. Trev is still away in Cyprus.

Sorry as much as i really want to play tonight i've got to go to Guy's hospital so won't make it back in time

sorry.

No worries mate, cheers for letting us know - I've messaged round everyone else confirming they're OK, so we should be fine for numbers.