THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squad for Thursday 10th May (v. Wood Green Old Boys 'B')

We are due to be playing our first 7-a-side League match of the Summer at the Southgate Hockey Centre this coming Thursday...but on grass with a 7.15.p.m. Kick-Off.

The weather forecast for Thursday at the moment is horrendous, so unfortunately there is a chance it may get called off waterlogged at some point during the day, but all we can do for now is name a squad and hope for the best.

The squad for this first match is currently as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Martin Loveday
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Terry Brown
Daniel Daley
Daniel McKenahie
(We are not sure on the spelling of his surname but he is a left-back who works with John Scouller and has played for Enfield 1893 on Saturdays in the Essex Senior League...I think).
John Scouller will also be there and will play if anybody drops out at the last minute.
John will give Terry and his mate Daniel a lift.
Presumably Cascoe will give Daley a lift ?

If anybody drops out before Thursday, I would like Martin Worthington to play if he is available. Can Jacko have a word with him tomorrow ?

I have not picked Ben Keating, Lee King, Martin Cruickshank, Leon McKenzie-McKay or Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo for this match as they all owe too much subs. However, I will be phoning them all to see if they can resolve that problem as soon as I have got time.

Trev has not given me the Subs Tin and he will be going away to Cyprus tomorrow, so that means everybody playing on Thursday MUST bring £7.00 with them and pay that to me before the game kicks-off so that I can get the ticket from the bar. If we can't find £38.00 between us, we will not be able to play and we will lose the points.

Also don't forget to bring your own shorts (black preferably), socks & shinpads. We will only be supplying the shirts. As it's on grass, presumably we are allowed to wear whatever studded boots we want ?

Please get there by 7.00.p.m. and meet on the grass bit between the Astroturfs as usual.
Don't forget that the showers and changing rooms are available for us to use after the match...as it's going to be very muddy if we play.
It will also be good to have a drink in the bar afterwards bearing in mind it's an early kick-off.

I am massively busy with work at the moment, but I will try and name a squad for Monday Night's match (if we have one !) on here as soon as I can.
I may not be able to update the 7-a-side League pages on our website until Thursday, so sorry about that.

Re: 7-a-Side Squad for Thursday 10th May (v. Wood Green Old Boys 'B')

Hi Mate - sorry - I can't make this one, as I'm away.
Cheers
Barney

See you there

Barney
Hi Mate - sorry - I can't make this one, as I'm away.
Cheers
Barney
O.K. Noted.

I hope you (or Loveday) are about next Thursday (17th May) as Trev is still away in Cyprus, I will be filming a Tournament in Norwich and Terry Moore is going to the League AGM.
...otherwise it's Hagan as Manager/Secretary and kit-washer !

Should be fine for the 17th.

Im there, But we warned im unfit

Apparently there is a pitch inspection on Wednesday afternoon as to whether the fixtures this Thursday will go ahead or not. The SHC will e-mail us as soon as they have made their decision.
The weather forecast for Wednesday is heavy rain, particularly in the afternoon, so it looks as if they could all get called off. (There are four pitches marked out, with all four games kicking-off at the same time).

I will therefore leave it until Wednesday evening to chase players up (if the game is on).

Hi, Can someone e-mail me john's number please tpbrown10@hotmail.com

Thank you.

GAME OFF !!!

No word yet on Monday Night's fixtures.
I was going to pick a squad of 8 different players for that this coming Monday, but if anybody who was due to be playing tomorrow night specifically wants to play on Monday instead of next Thursday, please let me know asap.

Lol - I think I'm more likely to be available on Mondays this season than Thursdays, but I should be able to make some of the late Thursday games if needed.

i need to now how much monay i ow