THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Kit

Just found some jade socks here...from Jako (as opposed to Jacko).

Jako are Ebbsfleet United's kit suppliers and on the club owners (MyFC)'s Forum the talk is that the quality of the kit and the service in obtaining it from Jako's distributors is much better than the likes of Nike, Puma & Adidas...and of course cheaper.

Unfortunately they don't do a jade shirt at the moment, but I might be able to 'have words' and see if they can do something for us. Our videos on You Tube might help, together with my filming of Ebbsfleet's matches. (If games are filmed properly, their kit will look better to potential customers).

Re: New Kit

Forget Jako. Nothing came of that.

The options now are as follows. (Click on the kit name to see the design):

1) Puma

2) Another Puma (a newer design and slightly more expensive with more white on the sleeve).

3) A new Nike design. (Not jade, but a shade of green we have worn in the past).

Option One is the cheapest. Option Three is a lot more expensive but I think it looks good. However, I'm not sure if the Nike shirt comes in XXL !

I am not particularly fussed myself but a lot might depend on how much potential sponsors are willing to pay and whether the club can afford to pay the balance for extras such as spare socks, a few extra different sizes of shorts & socks and various printing costs.

Any feedback is welcome here.

I think this would be the best one

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Products/adidas-Teamwear-Football-Shirts-adidas-Stricon-Short-Sleeve-Jersey-Team-Kits-University-RedWhite-33306.aspx

Change of plan now.

The FC Alpha Manager works for a kit distributor...that's why their players have all got their names on the back of their shirts...and he advises that Adidas kit is much better than Puma and Nike.

He can do this Adidas Authento kit for us or this Adidas Tabela kit, both for good deals. The Tabela kit is closer to our jade colour and is slightly cheaper.
I can get a sample of one or the other off him later this week to bring along to the AGM this Friday for players to try it on for size, so ideally I would like some feedback on here or at 7-a-side tonight as to which one our players prefer.

On Broadway have shown an interest in sponsoring us again and Loveday will be following that up.
However, everything is totally dependent on whether players who have been letting us down for 7-a-side recently get their @rses in gear and turn up to this week's matches and/or the AGM on Friday...or at least get in touch instead of completely ignoring my text messages.
If they don't, then we won't be ordering a new kit as there will be too much danger of the club folding.