THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 18th March (Away to Flamstead End)

This coming Sunday (18th March) sees us playing Away to Flamstead End at the Cheshunt (Cricket) Club in Albury Ride.

Trevor has named a squad of 16 as follows:
Tim Beeden (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Cruickshank
Tony King
Lee King
John Scouller
Daniel Cascoe
Steve Cokell
Ben Keating
Lexton Harrison
Daniel Daley
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Ricky Kyagaba
Colin Bester
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo

Danny Hagan & Simon Jackson (GK) are both away for the weekend again, while Martin Loveday has been left out for the time being because of some postings I saw on Facebook that he is having an all-day 'Leo' (drinking session) on Saturday. (Is this some sort of three-week long stag do before he gets married ?! )
Obviously if that is not the case and Loveday can play in this match (either in goal or as a defender), then he will be in the squad straight away ahead of one of the current 'unreliables'.
Everybody else is injured, 'ill' or has lost interest...as far as I know.

If any of the above 16 cannot play, please let us know asap. If we have less than 11, we might be able to get other registered players to play who have signed up for 'emergencies'.

Re: Squad for Sunday 18th March (Away to Flamstead End)

Sorry not available until late April.

Just a warning that I have not heard from any players whatsoever apart from Loveday's message on here.
Also, Trev is not replying to e-mails or text messages and he has not put anything on here either. I don't know where he is and I have no idea whether he has been chasing players up or not.

All we can do is just turn up tomorrow and if we have less than 8 and have to non-fulfil, so be it.

I have just sent a text to everyone that I have in my phonebook. We await replies.

Steve Cokell just phoned - Yes
Ben text - Yes
Tony King text - Yes - picking up Barney & Tim
Leon text - Yes! - not playing today.

Lol, in your original post, you asked people to contact you if they cannot play, which is probably why very few people replied. Might be worth going back to asking people to confirm if they can play in future, then at least you'll know more where we stand and have less people to chase.

Barney
Lol, in your original post, you asked people to contact you if they cannot play, which is probably why very few people replied. Might be worth going back to asking people to confirm if they can play in future, then at least you'll know more where we stand and have less people to chase.
Fair point.

Here's the ones I am worried about though (because they don't read the Forum, their e-mails, or didn't turn up/play in the last match):
Daley
Cascoe
Colin
Ricky
Kizza
John Scouller
(Is he playing and giving Ben a lift, because if not, I will have to do it).
Has Terry Moore phoned Martin, Lee & Lex and arranged to pick them up ?

Further replies from Barney and Tim making the point Barney has made above.

Cascoe - text - Yes - Daley needs a lift.
Terry Moore - Yes - Martin usually phones him on Saturday night for a lift.

Trevor Hughes
Further replies from Barney and Tim making the point Barney has made above.

Cascoe - text - Yes - Daley needs a lift.
Terry Moore - Yes - Martin usually phones him on Saturday night for a lift.
I can give Daley a lift from Edmonton Green station at 9.25.'ish...as long as he turns up this time and doesn't have his mobile stuck on 'in call' so I can contact him !
(I have still no idea what happened there).