THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two Remaining Fixtures

We now have just two matches left this season...Away to Flamstead End and Home to F.C. Alpha.

At the moment, we have no idea what dates these two fixtures will be arranged for as fixtures for Sunday 18th March onwards are not expected to be announced until this coming weekend (10th/11th March).

Danny Hagan is away again on the 18th March, so hopefully one of those matches isn't then, although Sunday 25th March is the day after the clocks go forward, Sunday 1st April is the day after Loveday's Wedding and Sunday 8th April is Easter Day, so every Sunday for the next five weeks is likely to cause problems with players missing anyway. (We are using up our one allowable release date instead of playing this coming Sunday...11th March...as it is Loveday's Stag weekend).

It is quite possible that we may not play next until Sunday 15th April anyway as both Flamstead End and F.C. Alpha are still involved in Cup competitions and have a backlog of Division One matches to play.
Flamstead End have still got a maximum of 11 games to play in the 8 remaining weeks of the season (which ends on Sunday 6th May), while F.C. Alpha still have a maximum of 7 matches left. This is if they both reach Cup Finals...which is quite likely.

Also, it appears that Flamstead End have asked to be released this coming Sunday (as well as us) for some reason, while they told me the goalposts on their pitch at Cheshunt Cricket Club come down for the Summer after their match on Sunday 25th March, so that complicates things even further. There are only two teams they can play as a Double-Header and one of them is F.C. Alpha. However, the League normally make sure that any two teams who are competing for the title do not play each other in a Double-Header. That would mean Flamstead End having to play at least two midweek games in late-April, one of which could well be against us ?

If any players are unavailable for any Sundays between now and the 6th May, please let myself or Trevor know as soon as possible.

Re: Two Remaining Fixtures

Just announced...

Away to Flamstead End on Sunday 18th March (so Danny Hagan will miss that one then).

Home to F.C. Alpha on Sunday 25th March (the day after the clocks go forward...so somebody is bound to turn up late or not at all !?)

I will update the Forthcoming Fixtures page later today.

Jacko...noted that you are not available for the Flamstead End match.

I had to delete your message as it would have got me into even more trouble than I already am. That probably applies to the club as well actually.

I will explain in the Rovers News e-mail tomorrow.

No worries, but I guess you get the jist of how I feel.....?