THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 4th March (Away to Turnford Geese)

Bearing in mind we only had 10 men for our last game, Trevor has named a squad of 16 for our next match this coming Sunday Away to Turnford Geese at Wormley Playing Fields.

The squad is as follows:
Martin Loveday or Tim Beeden (GK)
Alan Barnard
Martin Cruickshank
Lexton Harrison
Tony King
Terry Moore
Lee King
Daniel Cascoe
Steve Cokell
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley
Ricky Kyagaba
John Scouller
Terry Brown
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo

Hopefully this time, players in the squad above will let us know during the week that they are unavailable instead of informing us on the morning of the match !?

Re: Squad for Sunday 4th March (Away to Turnford Geese)

Forgot to mention that this will be Steve Cokell's 200th match for the club (First & Reserve Team appearances combined).
Captain for the day with Hagan missing ?

Here's the situation at the moment (Friday morning)...

We have 7 players
...who played last Sunday against Cuffley and didn't say they would not be playing this week, so we therefore assume they are. These are Barney, Terry Moore, Martin C., Tony King, Steve Cokell, Lee King & Ben.
Then there is Cascoe, who was trying to play through an injury last Sunday but hasn't told us he is struggling for this Sunday, so we will therefore have to assume he is fit to play. That makes 8.
I forgot to mention that Danny Hagan is away in Liverpool this weekend and that Jacko (GK) is also away somewhere.

Daley has texted to apologise for not turning up last Sunday. He will definitely be there this Sunday and will not complain if he is sub...except he won't be as we only have 9 at the moment including him and Cascoe !

As for a goalkeeper, Loveday has told Trev he will let him know if he can play, but I don't know when that will be. Trev is still waiting to hear from him. I assume Tim will need to know before tomorrow if he is needed instead ? I spoke to Darryl who said he might be there but he is injured and will/can only go in goal if we only have 10 men (or words to that effect ?). Olie Tedder can't play in goal as he is away with Hagan in Liverpool.
If Loveday or Tim plays in goal, then we will have 10. One of them might have to play as an outfield player to make up a bare eleven though !

We have heard nothing from Lexton, John Scouller, Ricky, Terry Brown or Kizza.
Trevor e-mailed Leon during the e-mail discussion some of us had earlier in the week regarding us not calling him, Conor or Stuart up when Daley didn't turn up last Sunday, but he has not replied. (Trev asked him if he is available to play this Sunday).

So there you have it. If players can't be bothered to read the Forum, check their e-mails or reply to texts until the 'last minute' (or not at all), then I just have to 'assume' !

By the way, if John Scouller, Leon or Conor play this Sunday in a bare eleven, they are probably going to have to play centre midfield or 'left wing' whether they like it or not.

sorry still very unwell not able to play football at the moment. good luck and sorry for the lack of playing hopefully i'll be fit for next season.

I am available to go in goal if required this week. i have text trevor so he knows as well.

Just to add that I am not out filming anything tomorrow (Saturday), so if anybody needs to text/phone me if they can't get hold of Trevor, they can do so and I should be able to reply fairly quickly (unlike when I am filming Ebbsfleet).

Terry Brown
sorry still very unwell not able to play football at the moment. good luck and sorry for the lack of playing hopefully i'll be fit for next season.
Next season ?

We have still got two more games this season...which might not be until the last week in April and the first week in May !

Lexton is playing, so that makes 11 as long as nobody drops out or gets injured.

John has got flu.
I have asked Ben to try and get Ricky (as usual).
I don't know if Trevor has spoken to anybody else. (e.g. Leon or Kizza).