THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Only 10 Men

For those who are interested, we lost 5-2 at Home to Cuffley this morning because we had to play the whole game with only 10 men after Lexton, John, Ricky & Daley all dropped out on Saturday evening/Sunday morning. John was helping his Mum move house, but I have no idea why Lexton and Ricky had to drop out.
We didn't have a clue where Daley was either as his phone was switched off, so we couldn't call up Stuart (or whoever) to play once we arrived at the venue because for all we knew, Daley was on his way.
It probably would have been too short notice to get somebody else along anyway, and would they have been willing to go sub ? I expect they probably would have been well annoyed if they had turned up just after Daley and found out we had eleven men on the pitch, so there was really nothing we could do. We just had to play with 10, knowing we were going to lose.
In my opinion, if Daley had turned up we probably would have won, as Cuffley only had a bare eleven themselves and were missing key players.
Very frustrating for those who played, but unfortunately I think we are going to have to expect this for our remaining three matches. Too many players have other priorities which crop up at the last minute and which are far more important than playing for Rovers. Other teams are in the same boat though. Just look at this morning's results throughout the League.
Even AFC Cheshunt non-fulfilled, while Turnford Geese lost 5-1 at Home to Asco and Percival got thrashed again in the Premier Division.

The last time we fielded only 10 men was almost exactly 4 years ago when we lost 5-0 to Uniques, so we have actually been quite lucky compared to a lot of clubs in our League/
However, we did 'non-fulfil' a fixture against Enfield Royals at the end of Season 2009-2010 when Jacko, Rob Brown, Kizza and Daley all dropped out on the morning of the match when we only had a bare eleven to start with.

I have just spoken to Trevor and he is going to name Lexton, Daley, John, Leon, Terry Brown & Kizza in the squad for next Sunday's game Away to Turnford Geese...Terry and Leon because they live near there.
Danny Hagan and Jacko are both away for the weekend.
Our other registered players (apart from those who played this morning) are:
Martin Loveday...Might play in goal ?
Tim Beeden...Should be able to play in goal if Loveday can't ?
Ricky Kyagaba...Keeps dropping out on Sunday mornings for some reason.
Colin Bester...Away in Prague
Tem Adil...Away in Praque
Yianni Kyriacou...At Uni in Leeds
Dean Assiamah...Can't get up on Sunday mornings !
Rob Brown...Injured
Martin Worthington...Injured
Darryl Johnson (GK)...Injured
Olie Tedder...Away with Hagan
Gavin Mardell...Will probably help out if he is guaranteed a game...but we can't ?
Conor McGovern...Needs to be guaranteed a game if he comes all the way from Leigh-On-Sea...but we can't.
Stuart Dorward...Tends to drop out injured or with family commitments whenever we call him up.

So...in my opinion, we just have to hope we can scrape up eleven from the squads we initially name for our last three matches and if players decide to drop out on a Saturday night or the morning of the match and we play with 10 or less or even non-fulfil, then so be it.
We probably won't be the only ones.

We are only playing for pride anyway, as we are going to finish 7th whatever.