THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 19th February (Home to FC Rosemill)

After four Sundays without a match, this coming Sunday sees us attempting to play at Home to FC Rosemill at Hazelwood again...weather permitting.
Details of that and other fixtures for the next few weeks will be on the Forthcoming Fixtures page by tomorrow (Monday) morning.

Trevor has named a squad of 15 for this match as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Lexton Harrison
Terry Moore
Steve Cokell
Martin Cruickshank
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Tony King
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley
Lee King
Terry Brown
John Scouller
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo

If anybody is not available out of those 15, please let us know as soon as possible. We appear to have several other registered players available if needed, but they will probably need a bit of notice.

Re: Squad for Sunday 19th February (Home to FC Rosemill)

Sorry mate i cnt make sunday ive got to clear out my nans house

I'm in

I would very much like to play for your club.

Do you train and if so where and when?

I am 21 years old and have played at a youth level for the Punjab Punters. I play in defence or as a holding midfielder.

Thanks

R Spandit

Having done a bit of Google searching with the I.P. address used to post that message, it looks like Spandit actually means 'spammed it'...hence the 2,600 views to this thread since he posted !
No sign of a Ravinder Spandit or a Punjab Punters on Google.

We had one of these a few months back where somebody posted a message like this and we suddenly had about 16,000 'views'. I have no idea what they are trying to achieve.

If Ravinder Spandit is genuine, all he has got to do is turn up at Hazelwood on Sunday so that we can meet him in person.

Dear Mr Hughes

I am real, and I don't have any thing to do with spamming.

I will admit that I have been looking at the site a lot to see if you have replied.

I shall come and watch you play on Sunday and I hope you live up to my expectations.

R Spandit

Hey Jacko, you have another arsebandit for the showers!!

Mr Johnson

Who is this 'Jacko' and what do you mean?

Due to my religion I do not shower anyway.

Also I find it very rude and offensive that you make fun of my name, as you can imagine this has happened a lot to me over the years.

R Spandit

I now know about 'Jacko'.

When looking for your surname on the player profiles I have now noticed that he is on top of you.

R Spandit

Dear Mr Hughes

I have now had a good look around the Edmonton Rovers Website and I must say that it is amazing the time and effort that you must put into the club. Is this your livelihood as well as your passion.

R Spandit

Mr Hughes

When I come on Sunday should I bring my boots? will I be able to play? If not what do I need to do to attain a squad number and play in the next match

R Spandit

Mr Hughes

Please check your inbox if you see this before you have looked at your emails.

R Spandit

Its all OK, Mr Hughes has emailed me and even though I found his attitude a little sour I shall see you all on Sunday.

R Spandit

Ravinder Spandit
Its all OK, Mr Hughes has emailed me and even though I found his attitude a little sour I shall see you all on Sunday.

R Spandit
Mate...if you are genuine and turn up on Sunday, then fine. I can assure you nobody will be 'sour'. We are a friendly club and we do like to have a laugh.

The reason I am concerned is because we have had numerous 'jerks' posting on here or e-mailing me wanting to play for us just to get on You Tube, etc. when there is no sign of them on Google or Facebook either in name or having played football before.
Here are just some of them !
It does get quite irritating, but as I say, if you turn up and can kick a ball properly, then not a problem.

One thing to bear in mind though, is that the F.A. will fine us heavily and deduct us points if you sign up under a false name. For all we know, you might be somebody who has been banned by the F.A. That is another reason for my concern that we cannot find you on Google.

Mr Hughes

I am not from Africa, I was born in England (East Anglia).

I am not on facebook and the Punjab Punters do not have a website, so why would you be able to find me on Google?

You, my friend, Mr Hughes are becoming a little more sinister yourself.

R Spandit

Mr Hughes

Is is ok if I bring a friend of mine to watch on Sunday too. He has been watching the YouTube videos with me and he also would like to join.

His name is Farooq Shah.

Thanks

R Spandit

Excellent. I'll be there Sunday to welcome R Spandit to our club! I'll be there early and ensure that the showers are clearly marked, so as not to offend, and that Jacko will not be on top of me as he will probably crush me. I not saying he's a big lad but, i'm a fat fooker and he could easily squash me with his version of the "big daddy splash"!!

Hi Darryl

It will be great to meet you on Sunday, I'm looking forward to it. Will you be playing?

Ravi

Available

Hahaha...

Nice one Deej, very funny..... On a serious note are you about Sunday? I should be ok, but my back has been playing up a little.

Just an update on things...

Ben seems to be the only player who has dropped out, but we still have 14 as Kizza is in the squad.
I take it John will give Terry Brown, Lee & Lexton a lift ? Lee can no longer text or make calls on his mobile, so if John needs Lee's landline number, just text me for it.

Can Terry Moore get in touch with Martin C & get there early'ish to help me with the nets ?

I went over Hazelwood this afternoon to have a look at the pitch and it is in perfect condition. Broomfield have cut the grass, rolled it and forked it ready for their match tomorrow...which will be played in torrential rain according to the weather forecast !
The pitch might get a bit cut up because of that, while it supposed to go down to -1C on Saturday night, but it is supposed to be sunny on Sunday morning which should thaw it out in time for our game. It shouldn't get called off waterlogged as the pitch was very dry when I looked at it this afternoon.

Probably won't be dj's first time with r spandit......

Classic. I am there.

No reply from Kizza to my text but Ben is playing now and John is giving him a lift.

Trevor Hughes
No reply from Kizza to my text but Ben is playing now and John is giving him a lift.
John can only fit four in his car though, so somebody is going to have to get a bus !?

Or get in the boot?