THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 12th February (Away to Flamstead End)

Our next match this coming Sunday is Away to Flamstead End at the Cheshunt Club in Albury Ride, Cheshunt.
We played them twice over there last season, but if you are not sure where it is, directions can be found on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

Trevor gets back from his holiday tomorrow (Monday) night, so hopefully he will confirm the squad on here on Tuesday.
The following 12 players will all definitely be in the squad though as they have confirmed their availability:
Tim Beeden (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Martin Cruickshank
Tony King
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Steve Cokell
Lee King
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley

Others in contention will be John Scouller, Ricky Kyagaba, Leon McKenzie-McKay, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo and Colin Bester. It's up to them to get in touch if they want to play...or for Trevor to contact them if needs them.

Terry Brown, Simon Jackson (GK), Martin Loveday (Outfield/GK) and Darryl Johnson (GK) are all unavailable.

Either myself or Terry Moore will give Martin C., Lexton & Lee a lift on our way up to Cheshunt.
Presumably Ben can walk to the ground from where he lives if John isn't playing ?

Hopefully the weather will be o.k. this time and we can play our first game for almost a month. Ideally we need three substitutes because of that.

Re: Squad for Sunday 12th February (Away to Flamstead End)

Having spoken to Laurence I can confirm the squad of 12 listed above should be available but we would like at least 2 of John, Ricky, Kizza and Leon to confirm whether they are available as soon as possible.

Enfield Council have just called all their pitches (including Hazelwood) off for the weekend already because there is still snow on them...so if we were playing at Home this Sunday, our players would have been able to make other plans now.
However, Flamstead End's ground is private, so it will be up to their groundsman regarding snow and being unable to mark the lines out, or the Referee on the morning of the match if the snow has been cleared but the pitch is still frozen.
It's possible that if there is still snow on all the pitches on Saturday afternoon that the League will call all matches off again anyway though.

The weather forecast at the moment is for a bit more snow tonight (but not much), then the temperature will be barely above freezing all day tomorrow (Friday).
On Friday night though, the forecast is for it to go down to about -10C !!!, so I can't see many games being played on Saturday with that level of frost...and there will also still be snow on the ground.
On Saturday night though, a 'warm front' is supposed to be coming in which will see the temperature rise to 6C. If that happens, it will melt the snow and thaw out the ground enough for the pitch to be playable on Sunday morning...but then the League or Flamstead End's groundsman might have already called it off by then.

That's the situation at the moment. Everything 'up in the air' unfortunately.

im playing on sunday can u give me terry morrs number

martin cruickshank
im playing on sunday can u give me terry morrs number
Management Committee members' phone numbers (including Terry's) are all here: http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk/managementcommittee.html

Lee has given me your home number, so I'll text that on to Terry.

An inch of snow has just fallen (in Edmonton) this evening. I don't know whether it has in Cheshunt as well, but I suspect the game might be off on Sunday anyway.

GAME OFF !!!

Just called off by Flamstead End's groundsman at the Cheshunt Club. Too much snow on the pitch and frozen underneath.

I will text everybody just in case they don't see this message.

We are at Home to Rosemill next Sunday (19th Feb).
According to my list, everybody is available. If that is not the case, please let us know before Trevor confirms the squad on Monday.