THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 8th January (Away to Cuffley)

I trust everybody had a good Xmas & New Year ?
Our first match back after our two-week break is this coming Sunday when we play Away to Cuffley.
Full details of where their ground is and how to get there will be on the Forthcoming Fixtures page by tomorrow (Tuesday).

As far as we know, we have everybody available for selection, so Trevor has named a squad of 16 as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Lexton Harrison
Tony King
Martin Cruickshank
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Steve Cokell
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Lee King
Daniel Daley
Ben Keating
John Scouller

As we are no longer having training for the remainder of the season (because we only have 7 games left), all players listed above MUST confirm their availability as soon as possible (ideally on Tuesday) either by posting a message here, replying to the 'Rovers News' e-mail I will be sending out on Tuesday morning, or by texting or phoning myself (on 07949 128505) or Trevor (on 07894 961484).

Please also let us know whether you will be going directly to the ground or want to travel in convoy from the Southbury Leisure Centre and/or whether you need a lift.

Re: Squad for Sunday 8th January (Away to Cuffley)

Im available

One thing I forgot to mention is that ideally we want all players at the venue by 9.45.a.m. so that we can be out on the pitch shortly after 10.00.a.m. to have a proper warm-up (bearing in mind a lot of our players will not have done anything fitness-wise whatsoever for several weeks !)

And how about a New Year's Resolution for Daley, Lexton, Scouller, Lee & Martin C....Stop Smoking !?

All good

I'm there

Cuffley have just e-mailed to confirm the match and informed me that the venue will now be Newgate Street Recreation Ground (for some reason).

I will update the Forthcoming Fixtures page as soon as I can, but for the time being I would say that if you were originally planning to get to Cuffley's ground via Cattlegate Road, just keep on going past Cuffley's ground onto the B157 (The Ridgeway...not to be confused with The Ridgeway in Enfield though !), then turn right at Carbone Hill. This leads to Newgate Street Rec, which is on the left of the roundabout in Newgate Street Village.

The easiest way to get to Newgate Street Rec though is definitely via the A10, Flamstead End Relief Road, Goffs Oak, then turning right into Newgate Street Road and left at the bottom of that into Darnicle Hill and towards Newgate Street Village. That is the way I will be going.

As usual, there are numerous players who have not got in touch yet because they never check their e-mails or look at this Forum.

The only players who have confirmed their availability (on here or with me) so far are Jacko, Barney, Terry Moore, Hagan, Cokell, Ben, Lexton & Kizza, so I am still waiting to hear if Martin C., Lee, Cascoe, Daley, Tony King, Leon or John Scouller are playing...unless they have informed Trevor, Barney or Terry ? (Can Trevor, Barney or Terry please advise me asap if that is the case so that I do not have to chase these players up myself).

Loveday is the only player so far who has told me he is unavailable, but obviously if there are more, then we will need to chase up others to play who are not in the squad at the moment.

As for the state of the pitch at Newgate Street Rec after last night's rain, I would expect it to be quite badly waterlogged at the moment. It is notorious for that !
It will probably be 'perfect' by Sunday as the weather forecast from now until then is dry, mild and very windy. However, don't be surprised if Broxbourne Council (or whichever local council owns the pitch) calls it off today...which they traditionally do on Thursdays instead of Fridays for some reason.
If that happens, I will try and get the game switched to Hazelwood (as our Home match) if the League allow that, as St. Mary's are playing Away this Sunday so nobody will be using it.

I will be available sunday

Just to confirm that the game is definitely on...at Newgate Street Rec. No problems with waterlogging.

I still have no idea whether Martin C, Lee, John, Daley, Tony King or Leon are playing.
Nobody is telling me anything !
I am therefore just going to leave it and hope they turn up...and at the right venue ! If we end up with only 9 men, that's not my fault.

If Ben needs a lift, he will have to text/phone me and I'll drive up to Cheshunt and pick him up from Theobalds Grove station at 9.30. I will also pick up Lexton on the way (if necessary).
If that's the case, I won't be able to meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre, so if players (e.g. Danny Hagan ?) wanted to travel in convoy from there, they won't have a clue where they are going ?

Kizza is getting a train to Edmonton Green station and will need a lift from there from 9.00 onwards.
Hopefully Terry will be picking up Martin C from there and can therefore pick up Kizza (and possibly Daley ?) as well ?

I'll be there

Just witin to see if john can het me then ill let u no

Ben
Just witin to see if john can het me then ill let u no
O.K. Noted.

Right...I think we are more or less sorted out now.

Martin, Lee, Tony & Daley are all playing. Not sure if Leon is though, while John hasn't been in touch yet so I would guess tomorrow is his Sunday on the rota for work. If Leon is coming along, we will have a very strong squad of 14.

Terry Moore is picking up Martin & Kizza.
I will be picking up Lexton, Lee & Ben.
If Leon is coming and needs a lift from either myself or Terry though, he will need to phone/text me before 9.00. tomorrow morning...otherwise he will have to jump in the back of Cascoe's van !
Barney is giving Tony King a lift (I think ?) and going straight to Newgate Street, as is Jacko (I hope !?), Hagan, Cokell, Trev & Cascoe (who is picking up Daley).

It has now been confirmed that Abbey Youth Old Boys have dropped out of the League, so we are going to lose three points when their record gets expunged. We need to win this match otherwise we might get sucked into a relegation dogfight !