THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lexton's Goalkeeping Gaffes

I have done a special clip here on You Tube of Lexton forgetting the 11-a-side rules for goalkeepers while playing in goal against Enfield Crusaders on Sunday. Well funny !
I'm just trying to set up Google AdSense on my You Tube channel so that we can make some money out of our misery ! Could go 'viral' !?

Full highlights of the game are here.

Re: Lexton's Goalkeeping Gaffes

I have just been speaking to Barney about this, as he has rightly pointed out that I haven't asked Lexton for his permission first. Lex isn't easy to get hold of as he is not on the internet/Facebook, but I have texted him and asked him to phone me back when he has finished work.
If the clip disappears then you will know why, but hopefully he will go along with it and have a laugh about it.

This has now got me thinking about this page...which I intended to start doing in the next couple of months whereby all those classic Rovers 'funnies' from the last 20-odd years will be put on You Tube as separate clips and linked to from there.
Obviously I own the copyright, but if I have got to get permission from every Rovers player before I put something on You Tube involving them doing something 'embarrassing', then I am probably not going to get very far.
The way I see it is that every player that plays for the club knows what they are letting themselves in for. I don't edit anything out of the match DVD's that opposing teams buy, so something from there could end up on You Tube anyway (albeit illegally).
For players playing in a live match on TV there is 'no escape' if they do something silly like Lexton did on Sunday, so why should there be restrictions on what I put on You Tube ?
Normally, the only things I leave out of the highlights are violent incidents where somebody has been sent off, and that will continue. Thankfully it doesn't happen very often in our matches anyway.

Some of the clips I could put on You Tube from the past 20 years are far funnier than Lexton's and it is quite possible that 'we' could make a heck of a lot of money out of that. It is potentially a much more lucrative fund-raising idea for the club than anything else we might try (with respect to Loveday's Prediction League, which has been excellent).
By 'we', I am thinking a third to me, a third to the individual(s) featured in the clip and a third to the club. We could even end up in a position where You Tube revenue pays for all our pitch fees, training fees and a new kit and we wouldn't need to charge players any subs ! Who knows ? Worth a try I say...as long as our players are prepared to go along with it and don't mind having a laugh at themselves and the general public laughing at them.

Re: Lexton's Goalkeeping Gaffes

how about a compilation of my nutmegs you could retire of the money it would make easily!!!!