THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 20th November (Away to St. Mary's)

Our next match this coming Sunday is at Hazelwood (for the third week running) when we take on our pitch-sharing rivals St. Mary's in a Division One fixture.
This is St. Mary's Home game, so we will be using the Away Team changing room (opposite our normal one and next to the toilets).

The squad will be announced on here on Thursday morning after training the night before.
John Scouller is not available but Terry Moore will be back from his golfing weekend to replace him.
There will still be another two places in the squad up for grabs if we want to field 14, so as usual, it's up to players who did not play in our last match to turn up to training and/or declare their availability.

St. Mary's have not contacted me to confirm the match yet, but when they do (sometime before the Tuesday night deadline), I am expecting them to confirm that nothing has changed regarding my dispute with their Secretary and that they do not want me filming the match...in which case I will not attend. Let's hope I am wrong as I think it's a game we can win bearing in mind they have lost their last two matches 5-1 and we have been looking a bit more solid defensively recently.

Re: Squad for Sunday 20th November (Away to St. Mary's)

im not coming to training on this week but i am avalabil for sunday

At the moment i can only play till half time, this may change but doubt it.

I can't delete the last paragraph of the message I posted at the start of this thread, so just to correct it somewhat...

Trev has spoken to the St. Mary's Secretary today. Apparently it's their players who do not want me filming the match, not the Secretary and Manager.
The Secretary and Manager have got no problem with me attending the match (or even filming it ?), but I still think it's best that I am not there on Sunday, especially as I will almost certainly end up running the line.

We have a squad of 13 for Sunday, but that includes Steve Cokell (who has got to leave at Half-Time), Danny Hagan (who is very ill at the moment), and Ben Keating, who will have to get a bus or train to Turkey Street and meet up with Lexton & Lee (who are also getting a bus...because Lexton no longer has a car and John is not playing this week).

The full squad is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Martin Cruickshank
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Steve Cokell
Tony King
Lexton Harrison
Daniel Daley
Ben Keating
Lee King

Nobody else was at training or has been in touch to let us know they are available, but obviously we could do with at least one more (outfield player)...if anybody is about ?

Danny Hagan has recovered and is o.k. for Sunday. Not going out Saturday night either !