THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 23rd October (Away to FC Alpha)

This coming Sunday we are playing FC Alpha for the second week running, but this time Away in a Division One match on Pitch One at Enfield Playing Fields.
Full details will be here on the Forthcoming Fixtures page sometime during the day on Monday, but as far as we know, the Donkey Lane end changing rooms & car park are still being built, so we have to park in the Ladysmith Road car park and change in the Central Pavilion instead...like we did last season.

As for our squad for this match, this will be the first of a 3-match suspension for Lexton Harrison following his sending-off against Abbey Youth Old Boys (even though the League don't have it listed here on the League's Full-Time website...because nobody knows how to enter these new match-based suspensions on Full-Time yet !?)
However, nobody else is missing who played this morning in our narrow 1-0 League Senior Cup defeat (After Extra Time), while we hope to have Daniel Daley, Daniel Cascoe, Ben Keating and others available for selection this time so that we can field a squad of 14 instead of 12.

A lot will depend on who turns up to training this Wednesday, so the squad will therefore be confirmed on Thursday morning.

Re: Squad for Sunday 23rd October (Away to FC Alpha)

Just to advise players on something...

For last Sunday's match against FC Alpha we named Ben in a squad of 14 because he didn't tell either myself or Trevor that he was unavailable. I suspect he probably thought he did, or maybe he mentioned it to one of us but we didn't hear it or write it down because others were talking at the same time ? It's the sort of thing that happens quite often after matches or training when we are trying to collect in subs.

We then turned up on Sunday and when I asked our players 'Where's Ben ? Didn't somebody pick him up ?', virtually all of them turned round and said 'Ben's on holiday in Las Vegas'. Didn't you know ?' !
Well it was obvious we didn't know because we named him in the squad on here !
So...why didn't somebody who knew Ben was unavailable just post on here (or e-mail/text myself or Trevor) to advise us ?
We could easily have called somebody else into the squad during the week to replace him if we had known. Having two subs on Sunday instead of one could have made all the difference in Extra-Time and we could well have taken the game to penalties or even won the match.

If any of you see somebody listed in the squad on here this week who you know is not available, then please let us know !
Don't just leave it up to the player themselves to inform us as they might not look at the Forum.

Following another good turnout at training last night, we can now name a squad of 14 for this coming Sunday's match as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Alan Barnard
Martin Loveday
Tony King
Martin Cruickshank
Danny Hagan
Terry Brown
Steve Cokell
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Daley
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Colin Bester
John Scouller

I didn't actually check with John last night that he is available, so I presume Trevor did ?

Ben Keating is still away on holiday (as far as we know) and was not at training last night, but if he is available, he can come into the squad as well. Colin has warned us that he is playing the day before and is not sure if his recent back injury will stand up to two games in two days, so he might have to drop out on Saturday night/Sunday morning.
We must try and get a squad of 14 for this match if we can.
Lee King has asked not to be picked for this match unless we are short as he is struggling to pay his subs at the moment.

Various other players are now working or doing other things on Sundays, so in general we are down to a squad of just 17 regular players (including Lexton, who is suspended for this match).
We are getting perilously close to Conor McGovern & Stuart Dorward having to come out of retirement !

Hello im back i asked lawrence if i can play he said i have to ask you . Whats the verdict

Text Hello im back i asked lawrence if i can play he said i have to ask you . Whats the verdict

Ben keating
Hello im back i asked lawrence if i can play he said i have to ask you . Whats the verdict
Trev can't get on the Forum at work as it's blocked there, so hopefully he'll reply on here this evening or text/phone you.

I am confused surely the comment you posted as below stipulates that Ben can come into the squad if available:

Ben Keating is still away on holiday (as far as we know) and was not at training last night, but if he is available, he can come into the squad as well.

Loveday
I am confused surely the comment you posted as below stipulates that Ben can come into the squad if available:

Ben Keating is still away on holiday (as far as we know) and was not at training last night, but if he is available, he can come into the squad as well.
I think Ben means play as opposed to being an unused sub.

The problem is having four subs and some players in the squad owing over £25.00, one of whom is Ben. That's what Trev needs to sort out, as if Ben can't afford to pay and others can, then he might be one of those four subs.
We all know that if we have four subs, whoever doesn't get brought on will moan like hell and say they could have worked instead...or whatever.
The £25.00 rule is 'at the discretion of the Team Manager'.

I have sent Ben a text to say he is in the squad.

I don't name the team until shortly before kick off.

I am sure that Ben will bring some subs with him - hopefully he had a win in Vegas!

I ill have some subs dnt worry 

Text Hello im back i asked lawrence if i can play he said i have to ask you . Whats the verdict