THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 16th October (Home to FC Alpha)

Our next match this coming Sunday is at Home to fellow Division One side FC Alpha in the First Round of the League Senior Cup.

We only have 13 players available for this match at the moment and they are as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Alan Barnard
Martin Loveday
Lexton Harrison
Martin Cruickshank
Terry Brown
Steve Cokell
Tony King
Lee King
Ben Keating
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Daniel Daley

Also, three of the above players owe over £25.00 in Weekly Subs and should be dropped if we go by club rules (unless they pay at training on Wednesday or before the kick-off next Sunday).
If other registered players make an effort to turn up to training this Wednesday and pay what they owe themselves, then places in the squad for this match could be up for grabs...if they want them !
As far as I am concerned, we cannot keep playing players who cannot afford to pay. It's unfair on everybody else.

Another problem for this match is Arsenal playing at Home and kicking-off at 1.00.p.m. (I think ?), which means Manager Trevor Hughes (and probably Terry Brown ?) will have to miss Extra-Time & Penalties...not that we are likely to take the game that far, as FC Alpha are probably one of the best 2 or 3 teams in the whole League at the moment and we won't have a cat in hell's chance of beating them if we play like we did against Broxbourne Athletic on Sunday.
Rob Brown will also not be there (again) as Assistant Manager because of Arsenal, while John Scouller is not available for this match, which means several players will not be able to get to Hazelwood unless 'somebody' who lives in Enfield can go out of their way to drive up to Cheshunt and back down again to give them a lift.

...and here's a 'stat' for you.
This will be our 1,000th First Team match in the club's history.
Not surprisingly, we have lost more games than we have won over the years, but not by much. The record stands at P999 W425 D145 L429 Goals For:2762 Goals Against:2668.
I think we can justifiably be called 'a very average Sunday League Team'.

Re: Squad for Sunday 16th October (Home to FC Alpha)

An update on the squad situation following training last night...

Surprisingly we had 14 there (including me but not including Trevor).
That included Colin Bester & Tem Adil, but neither of them want to be included in the squad for this Sunday as they are not fit enough.
Leon was also there as Wormley Rovers have now stopped training on Thursday nights, while a prospective new player ( Gary Cover ...a forward) was also in attendance.
The others there were Barney, Terry Moore, Jacko, Lexton, Daley, Cascoe, Tony King, Martin C. & Tim Beeden.
So...considering our appalling performance last Sunday, not a bad turnout. I must admit I was fearing the worst !

However, not there last night were Loveday (who had to travel up North again for work), Lee King (because of illness and owing too much subs), and also Terry Brown, John Scouller & Ben.
Terry wanted to come training, but texted to say he couldn't make it because John wasn't answering his phone to give him a lift. Neither John or Ben told us on Sunday that they were not coming training, and neither of them texted me last night.

John isn't available this Sunday anyway, but at the moment I don't know what is happening with Ben. 'Somebody' may need to phone him as I don't think he looks at the Forum.
I spoke to Lexton last night and he said he can pick up Ben & Terry Brown at the KFC in Waltham Cross and then pick up Lee...who told me he is available for Sunday. If Terry can't get to the KFC from where he lives and Ben isn't playing, then we will only have a bare eleven on Sunday. That includes Daley, who got injured at training last night and had to come off.
Cascoe is not available for this match either as he is away for the weekend.
Trev will have to be Lino even though he can't run, and if the game goes to Extra-Time (when he has to leave to go to Arsenal), then we will just have to get fined. I am not going to put the camera down to do it.

As for Danny Hagan, he texted me yesterday to say that he was having a gym & physio session last night and if he came through that o.k., he would be available this Sunday. I am still waiting to hear from him, so I'll try and find out asap...unless he can get online to post on here himself ? Obviously if Hagan can start playing again, then that will be a massive bonus, but then he will almost certainly be playing a full game for Crouch End Vampires First XI the day before if he has passed his fitness test, so I very much doubt if he would then last 90 minutes and Extra-Time for us.

We could therefore do with one (or two if Terry Brown & Ben cannot play) of our other registered players (e.g. Yianni Kyriacou, Kizza, Dean, Ricky, Conor, Stuart ) volunteering to come along and go sub if they are about, but understandably (because they might get roped into running the line) that is unlikely to happen, so we'll just have to hope we don't get any injuries.

That's the situation at the moment.

Danny Hagan says he is fit for Sunday, so that therefore brings the squad up to 14 (as long as Terry Brown & Ben are playing).
Hagan can't post on here because he uses a BlackBerry.

I'm available . I'll ask my brother to drop me off

If rob can't take me I'll ring lexton later about a lift and I'm fine with geting to
KFC.I'll call lexton later either way.cheers