THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 9th October (Home to Broxbourne Athletic)

This coming Sunday's match is in the First Round of the League Challenge Cup at Home to current Division Four leaders Broxbourne Athletic, a team who have won 4 and drawn one of their 5 matches played so far this season.
Full details are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

The squad will be named after training this coming Wednesday night...and training will definitely be on this week, even if only 8-10 players can attend, which is the case at the moment. (If any ex-players or prospective new players want to attend training this week they are welcome to do so as long as they pay £3.00 on the night).

Unfortunately Danny Hagan is still out injured as his physio has told him 'another two weeks', but Alan Barnard and Colin Bester will both be available for selection this Sunday following their holidays.

Regarding the goalkeepeing situation, despite his Forum message last week, Simon Jackson did tell myself and Trevor a week or so ago that he would be out for 4-6 weeks with his back injury, which was why Trevor left him out for yesterday's match and put Martin Loveday in goal. However, if Jacko comes training this Wednesday as a fitness test and declares himself fit to play, then obviously he will be included, particularly as Loveday would much rather play as an outfield player.
Darryl Johnson will also need to advise us whether he is fit to play in goal if Jacko is still out injured.

As for other registered players who have not paid their Annual Subs yet (e.g. Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Yianni Kyriacou, Dean Assiamah, Martin Worthington & Olie Tedder ), it is up to them to get in touch or turn up to training if they want to start playing again. We are now getting players wanting to leave already (or are making themselves available only if they are 'definitely' going to get a game) because they don't like being named as a substitute or having to run the line, so we are soon going to find ourselves in our usual situation where we have just a bare eleven most weeks...unless other players start getting involved again. If they then pay their subs and get in the starting line-up for one match because of players dropping out and we then win that match, they will then have a good chance of keeping their place in the side if they are prepared to turn up regularly thereafter.

Lexton Harrison's automatic 3-match suspension for his sending-off yesterday will start on Sunday 23rd October, so he is o.k. to play in this match and the following week against F.C. Alpha.

Re: Squad for Sunday 9th October (Home to Broxbourne Athletic)

Spoke to dj today he does not sound too good. I wouldn't mind a game outfield seeing as I haven't played all season.

If you are really struggling for a goalkeeper I could do it. My knee is ****ed enough that I can't really sprint and turn etc but playing in goal would be ok.

I know I am not the tallest but I do look like Shay Given.

Danny Smith has just signed for St. Mary's while Ricky Kyagaba doesn't want to play this week...But don't worry, it's nothing 'sinister' and I will explain in my next Chairman's Blog later this week.

If Jacko is still injured, maybe Olie Tedder or Tim Beeden could go in goal so that Loveday can get a run-out on pitch ? As far as I am concerned, they are both good enough. Tim gets back from holiday on Wednesday and I'm sure he will look at the Forum, but 'somebody' would have to phone Olie I would have thought ?

Rob...Assistant Manager (or even Joint-Manager) would be a good job for you while you are out injured !
I'm being serious here. Trev needs some help on the touchline, especially in shouting and motivating players. No 'talking about Arsenal' though !
How about it ?
No way should you (or Trevor) end up running the line. The subs must do that (and substituted players), whether they like it or not.

I will train on Wednesday and let's take it from there.

Laurence
No 'talking about Arsenal' though !

No chance of that at the moment, trust me.

If I haven't got anything on with the family this Sunday, I will come over to be the Peter Taylor to Trev's Brian Clough.

Rob
Laurence

If I haven't got anything on with the family this Sunday, I will come over to be the Peter Taylor to Trev's Brian Clough.

I know we are not allowed to talk about Arsenal but why do you not want to be Pat Rice!

Trevor Hughes
Rob
Laurence

I know we are not allowed to talk about Arsenal but why do you not want to be Pat Rice!

I don't mind being Pat Rice but you are definitely not as bad as Wenger at the moment!

Jacko came through his fitness test at training tonight without any problems and is therefore now in the squad for Sunday.
It was also good to see Dean Assiamah at training, but he won't be needed for this Sunday at the moment as we already have a squad of 15 which can now be confirmed as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Alan Barnard
Martin Loveday
Lexton Harrison
Martin Cruickshank
Tony King
Daniel Cascoe
Steve Cokell
Terry Brown
Lee King
Ben Keating
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Daniel Daley
John Scouller

Colin Bester was not at training due to a back injury and has ruled himself out for this match.
Ricky Kyagaba has also declared himself unavailable until further notice until he can change his work shifts and attend training.

We had a good turnout of 13 players plus myself & Trevor at training tonight and a really good session with a lot of great skill on display despite the strong wind. Hopefully last week was just a one-off where we had to call training off because of illnesses and work commitments.

Woke up this morning with no issues, feel fine, so good to go.......

I'm out for the forseable future.

Available