THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 2nd October (Away to Abbey Youth Old Boys)

Our next match this coming Sunday is Away to Abbey Youth Old Boys at the Ninefields Estate in Waltham Abbey.
It's a difficult place to find if you have not played there before, but full details of the match and directions to the ground are now here on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

Terry Brown (whose suspension has now finished) appears to be the only player available to come into the squad, but he will probably need to pay his Annual Subs and turn up to training on Wednesday before we can name him ahead of others. The same applies to Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo if he is about ?
We are assuming (at the moment) that Simon Jackson and Danny Hagan will still be out injured, while we know that Alan Barnard is still on holiday and Colin Bester is away for the weekend.

As always, if anybody else is available for this match who did not play yesterday and wants to be considered, please let Trevor know.

Re: Squad for Sunday 2nd October (Away to Abbey Youth Old Boys)

Hi, I'll pay my annual subs when i come training Wednesday, John's already said he'll give me a lift

cheers

I will not be fit for this week. My knee is fooked today.

Don't worry u will still be better than a fully
Fit jacko

I'll happily play, but it will mean I won't train.

Smithy, next time I shove my finger up my arse, I'll let you lick it clean.........

Pml

I have not heard from Trev yet regarding the squad for this match as he was at Arsenal last night.
It therefore may not appear on here until this evening or tomorrow (Friday).

Trevor has now got in touch to confirm a squad of 14 for Sunday as follows:
Martin Loveday (GK)
Martin Cruickshank
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Tony King
Ricky Kyagaba
Daniel Cascoe
Steve Cokell
Ben Keating
Terry Brown
Lee King
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Daniel Daley
John Scouller

There is no point in risking Simon Jackson (GK) for this match as we have enough good outfield players available for Loveday to go in goal, although if Jacko is coming to watch, then it would make sense for him to be named as a sub in case either Terry Moore or Lexton gets injured (in which case Loveday would then be needed out on pitch).

Danny Smith told me yesterday that he wants to re-join St. Mary's. I won't go into the reasons why on here. He has made himself available for this match as his transfer will not have been completed in time, but with 14 players already available who do still want to play for the club, it is obvious he is only going to get a game if somebody drops out and more than two players get injured during the match.
If he is coming along this Sunday to get the transfer form signed and still wants to be named as a sub anyway, that's fine by us as we have nobody else available who has paid their Annual Subs.

As already mentioned, Danny Hagan, Alan Barnard, Colin Bester & Darryl Johnson (GK) are all unavailable.

Most players have told me they will be going straight there to Abbey's ground on Sunday, so if anybody does want to meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 9.15 and travel in convoy, they MUST let me know.

Fine, So when you have enough good outfield players I'll drop out every week.

Jacko
Fine, So when you have enough good outfield players I'll drop out every week.
Jacko, obviously if you want to start, then you will start !
Trevor is going by you saying you would be out for 4-6 weeks.

No, I'll leave it for this week then, my point being, that if I had said I would play, which I did, would it have not been better to speak to me before a squad was announced?

I'll be at training next Wednesday.

No jacko they can't be doing that because that
Is to logical and simple mate

Fair enough. It's all my fault as usual.

I can hear them violins again! Have a cigar Lau.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWgnZ6d00zg&feature=related

I have just been informed that there will be no showers working at Abbey's ground this Sunday...which is great when the weather forecast is for it to be very hot & sunny again.

Abbey Youth Old Boys have complained numerous times to the local Council but they can't be bothered to do anything about it because they treat the premises as primarily for Youth football...and of course the Youth teams don't use showers. The mens' teams that play over there are 'not important' as far as the Council are concerned. (The usual cost-cutting stuff by the sound of it).

So, it looks like most of our players will have to go home in their kit after the match this Sunday, and then we know what will happen...Some of them won't be available the following week or will forget to bring their kit with them the following week.
This is how we have lost endless pairs of shorts & socks over the years. As long as players hand in their shirts after the match and just bring a spare t-shirt or something to go home in, then at least we won't lose them though.

Refuse to play on health and safety grounds......