THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 25th September (Home to Flamstead End)

This coming Sunday we are at Home to Flamstead End at Hazelwood. Full details are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

Alan Barnard, Simon Jackson, Terry Brown & Colin Bester are all definitely unavailable, while Darryl Johnson & Danny Hagan are both doubtful.
That means there are places in the squad up for grabs, so it's up to players to turn up to training and/or pay their Annual Subs if they want put themselves in contention for a place in the side.
The squad will be picked after training on Wednesday night.

Flamstead End have strengthened their squad for this season and beat Broxbourne Rangers Old Boys 7-1 yesterday. Yes...on the same Pound Close pitch where we found it impossible to control the ball, pass it and shoot !
They also now appear to be sponsored by Andy Goldstein's Sports Bar programme on TalkSport and according to their Twitter page, they seem to have a load of celebrities rooting for them (and coming to watch their matches ?) !
They will be extremely fired up for this match and we need to get ourselves into the same sort of mentality...somehow.

Re: Squad for Sunday 25th September (Home to Flamstead End)

Lawrence, how long is it till i'm ok to play please?

Terry Brown
Lawrence, how long is it till i'm ok to play please?
This is the last match of your suspension.
If you come training this Wednesday and/or the following Wednesday and pay your Annual Subs at one or the other, then you should be in the squad for whoever we are playing on the 2nd October I would have thought, especially if Hagan is still out injured.

I am a doubt for this match as I am injured
I'm not training for both my teams this week
An will let u no later i'n the week how my knee is

sorry to add to the casualties but im 100% not going to be fit for this one

Flamstead End are on Andy Goldstein's show on TalkSport tonight at about 11.30.p.m. apparently...if anybody wants a listen ?

I was thinking about playing for free if thats ok??

We have a squad of 14 for this Sunday as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Martin Cruickshank
Lexton Harrison
Martin Loveday
Terry Moore
Ricky Kyagaba
Tony King
Daniel Cascoe
Steve Cokell
Ben Keating
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Lee King
Daniel Daley
John Scouller

However, Darryl may have to drop out because of a knee injury, in which case we will need at least one outfield player to join the squad as Loveday will have to go in goal.
So...if anybody recovers from their current injuries before this Sunday or are not working/at Uni/can play if needed even though they haven't paid their Annual Subs yet, please let Trevor know.

As for Flamstead End's TalkSport thing, they gave us a mention on Andy Goldstein's show the other night in that we film the games and put the highlights on You Tube, so hopefully there will be a link on TalkSport's Home Page to that once I have uploaded them. It looks like there might be a few celebrities coming to watch the match, so it's even more of an incentive for us to win !