THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Training This Wednesday (14th September)

Bit of a 'mild rant' time !

There were only 9 of us at training last night including me. The others there were Hagan, Daley, Martin C., Barney, Tim, Loveday, Tony King & Colin.
Lee, Ben & Terry Brown all wanted to come training but were left stranded in Cheshunt/Waltham Cross because John, Lexton & Smithy were unable to attend and therefore give them a lift. Smithy texted me to say he had been working in Basildon and wouldn't be able to get there in time, but I had no idea that John and Lexton were not going to be attending, and the same goes with several others who just didn't turn up, many of whom said they would be there when I last spoke to them.
Ricky was the only player on Sunday who told me he wasn't coming training (because he had to work).
I had no idea Terry Moore was playing golf (until I texted him to see if he could give Martin C. a lift)and I had no idea that Cascoe was injured until Daley told me when I picked him up.

I know it's 'only training', but if you are a current regular or fairly regular player and you know on a Sunday that you cannot come training the following Wednesday, please tell me (or Trevor when he is there) straight after the match when you are paying your subs or just about to go home.
If you originally intended attending training but then have to drop out at any time after the match on Sunday and 9.00.p.m. on a Wednesday night, please text me (or Trevor) or put a message on here like Jacko did and let us know !
We may then have been able to make arrangements to get Lee, Ben & Terry Brown there.

Everybody was really demoralised when we turned up last night because we were expecting at least 14 there (not including me). After a bad defeat on Sunday that was the last thing we needed. Thankfully we had a good session in the end and everybody there felt it was worthwhile turning up.

Trevor now has a difficult job to pick the squad for Sunday because we have 17 players available for only 16 places, so somebody will have to be left out. That may have to be somebody who did not inform us that they would not be attending training last night. If that's the case, then they will only have themselves to blame.
We have always said that if we lose on a Sunday, then we will reward players who turn up to training (and have paid their subs) when naming a squad for the following Sunday's match. It's the fairest way, and everybody agreed with that at the start of the season.