THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 11th September (Home to St. Mary's)

This coming Sunday sees us playing our first Home game of the season when we take on our Hazelwood pitch-sharing rivals St. Mary's.
Full details of this match are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

Manager Trevor Hughes is away in Cyprus for this match, while Alan Barnard and Martin Loveday (two other Management Committee Members) are also unavailable. That leaves just myself and/or Terry Moore from the Management Committee to be Manager on the day, but obviously I will be filming the game and Terry will be playing. At the moment I have no idea how we can get round this as I don't think the problem was discussed at our match this morning.
It is therefore likely that the squad for this match will be picked by myself & Terry after training on Wednesday night depending on who is in attendance, who played today, and who has or has not paid their subs.
As to who will supervise any substitutions during the match, I have no idea !

In addition to Barney & Loveday, Steve Cokell (on holiday) and Terry Brown (suspended) are not available, while I think one or two others might have said they are not ?
However, Martin Cruickshank & Leon McKenzie-McKay should be registered in time for this match, while Kizza and Tony King will also be available for selection after missing the Broxbourne Rangers Old Boys match.

Re: Squad for Sunday 11th September (Home to St. Mary's)

Right...the squad for this match is now confirmed as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Ricky Kyagaba
Martin Cruickshank
Tony King
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Danny Smith
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley
Lee King
Leon McKenzie-McKay
John Scouller
Colin Bester
Martin Loveday

That's 17, but Loveday may have to work (he won't know until Saturday), while Colin has a niggling injury and doesn't mind dropping out if we have three subs without him.
The problem at the moment is that Denis Coventry (League Registration Secretary) has not processed Martin Cruickshank and Leon's registrations yet and may not do so until Saturday, in which case we will just have to hope they go through alright and appear here on Full-Time before the match takes place. They won't be able to play if they are not listed there. Terry Moore put the envelope through Denis's door on Monday morning though...I hope !

We have left Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo out of the squad at the moment as he dropped out of 7-a-side on Monday night with a 'mashed leg', didn't come training tonight, hasn't paid his Annual Subs yet, and owes over £25.00 in Weekly Subs. If he is available for this Sunday though, then obviously we would still put him in the squad (as a substitute) if Martin C, Leon, Colin & Loveday were all unable to play.
That's because we appear to have nobody else available whatsoever at the moment due to injuries and work commitments.

As for the weather this coming Sunday...anybody remember this match against St. Mary's two years ago ?
(Go to about 4:15 in). Yes, unfortunately that is the forecast at the moment !
By the way, that is Martin Cruickshank running the line for St. Mary's in that match.

Martin & Leon are now registered.
I suppose it was to be expected that it would say Cruickshink on there instead of Cruickshank, but what the heck ?

Also, I have just been over Hazelwood and had a look at the pitch. It's all marked out, the posts are up and it's nice and grassy...unlike Pound Close last Sunday. It is very hard and bobbly underfoot in the Cowshed End penalty area though. It needs some rain and a roller on it, but Broomfield's First Team are playing Away this Saturday. They don't bother with that when their Second XI are at Home.
It will still be a lot better than what we had to play on last Sunday though.
The only problem is that the other two pitches are up over there, which almost certainly means four teams from the KOPA (Cypriot) League have been put over Hazelwood again this season instead of Enfield Playing Fields and will be using the changing rooms as well...whether they have got keys or not !
Who's gonna be the bouncer ?

Just a reminder that we want all players at the venue by 9.45.a.m. ready to go in and get changed and out on the pitch by 10.00.a.m. for a proper warm-up...gale-force winds and torrential rain or not !
Anybody who turns up after 10.00. and misses the warm-up/team-talk may find themselves being named as a substitute.

Laurence
The only problem is that the other two pitches are up over there, which almost certainly means four teams from the KOPA (Cypriot) League have been put over Hazelwood again this season instead of Enfield Playing Fields and will be using the changing rooms as well...whether they have got keys or not !
Who's gonna be the bouncer ?
Looking at this on the KOPA League website, it looks quite promising. The two teams that used Hazelood last season (Pendayia and Maronites) seem to be playing their Home games elsewhere and I can't see anybody else from that League listed as using Hazelwood.
There doesn't appear to be any teams from the North London Sunday League over there either according to this. I know Inter Trac (who we played in Pre-Season) were asking.

It's therefore likely that Youth teams will be put on at least one of the pitches, but they should know that they are not allowed to use the changing rooms.

Fingers crossed. hopefully ourselves and St. Mary's will not have the hassle we had last season.