THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training This Wednesday (7th September)

Please note...Training starts this Wednesday (on the Astroturf at the Southgate Hockey Centre) and at 9.00.p.m., not 8.00.p.m. ! It's the same as last season for the time being.
Don't forget it is £3.00 per person and you MUST NOT wear bladed or moulded stud boots on the Astroturf !

I didn't speak to everybody at this morning's match, but as far as I am aware, all of our current regular players at the moment (and quite a few who have not been about during Pre-Season) are attending training this Wednesday except for Steve Cokell (on holiday) and Leon McKenzie-McKay (training with Wormley Rovers).

Some players were asking me this morning if they can bring mates along to training this Wednesday who may be interested in joining, but we will have to leave that for this week because we may end up with too many there. We really don't want any more than 16 players there, otherwise it is going to be too difficult to organise, especially with Trevor away in Cyprus and me probably having to run things.
Obviously if we start getting less than 10, then we will start asking prospective new players to come along.

Re: Training This Wednesday (7th September)

It has now been confirmed that we won the Thursday Night Plate League, and they are giving us the trophy at 8.45.p.m. up in the bar on Wednesday night before we start training. Lee King also finished as the Plate League Top Scorer and he will be getting a trophy as well.

Can we have all our regular Thursday Night League players, but particularly Danny Hagan & Lee King, getting there at about 8.40.p.m. ? We will then go up to the bar area to get the trophies and maybe have a photo taken before we start training.

As discussed at 7-a-side last night, here's who is coming training tomorrow night as far as I know...

SHOULD BE'S
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Ivan Bass
Colin Bester
Terry Brown
Daniel Cascoe
Martin Cruickshank
Daniel Daley
Danny Hagan
Lexton Harrison
Ben Keating
Lee King
Tony King
Ricky Kyagaba
Yianni Kyriacou
Terry Moore
Danny Smith
Myself

That's 18, but obviously I won't play when we do a 7/8-a-side, while a couple of others listed above have got niggles after last night and may volunteer to drop out of that and just do some ball-work/shooting practice.

However, we then have a few 'MIGHT BE'S as follows:
Tem Adil (Toe Injury)
Dean Assiamah (Disappeared)
Martin Loveday (Working up North ?)
Leon McKenzie-McKay (Training with Wormley Rovers the night before ?)
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo ('Leg Mashed'...according to the text he sent me 3 hours before kick-off last night)
John Scouller (Toe Injury)
Olie Tedder (Working ?)
Martin Worthington (Still Injured ?)
Tim Beeden (GK) (We could do with having two goalkeepers at training, so hopefully he can attend ?)

Steve Cokell (on holiday) and Rob Brown (Injured) are the only players who definitely cannot attend tomorrow night.
I am not going to stop any of the above from coming along if they are available as they are all current club members, but obviously we cannot have any more prospective new players other than Ivan there this week. Ivan is a good player (ex-Brimsdown Rovers, and importantly, a defender). He needs training as he has not played for a while.
It's possible that this wet & windy weather might put people off, although that will be a feeble excuse if it does !

With Trevor away in Cyprus and Loveday unlikely to be there, I am going to need a lot of help from Terry Moore, Barney & Hagan (especially) in organising things.
I DO NOT want balls kicked around 'willy-nilly' as soon as we get on the pitch at 9.00.p.m.
I want somebody warming up with Jacko (ideally Tim) and all the outfield players doing 5 minutes of gentle jogging & stretching before ANY ball is kicked.
If we have around 20-odd players there (as expected), I will then need a group of 10 doing shooting practice and another group of 10 going over in the corner to do the usual quick one-touch passing drills, etc. We then swap the groups a couple of times.
With the shooting practice, it won't be me laying the balls off. The players will all take it in turns to do that. Same with crossing practice.

The tactical stuff (attack v. defence) and one/two/three-touch 7-a-side is going to be difficult with so many players there. I am open to suggestions as to how we get round that one. We only have half a pitch, not a full pitch.

If anybody uses the weather as an excuse not to come, I will be inserting a copper pipe into their **** and then some barbwire.....you can them imagine what happens next....

i am back from Pudsey and available.

Ben told me he couldn't come training because it was his mum's birthday.

Also, Ricky has e-mailed to say he will be working (at the moment).

Anyone traveling past cheshunt and can possibly give me a lift please