THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Monday 5th September (7-a-Side)

This coming Monday Night sees us playing our last 7-a-side League match of the Summer against SHUG. (8.30.p.m. Kick-Off).
If we win this match, we will finish 4th out of 8 teams in the Monday Night League, which is not a bad effort when we have not been fielding much of a settled side on Mondays.

Martin Loveday is available to be Manager for this match and he will finalise the squad during the day on Monday. (Trevor will be away in Cyprus anyway).

Obviously with us playing our first 11-a-side match of the season the day before and having training on Wednesday night, it is not going to be easy finding a squad of 8 volunteers to play in this match, but I am guessing that Loveday will play himself as he may not be available on Sunday, as is Tony King, who is definitely missing Sunday's match but is available for Monday night.
At 7-a-side tonight, a mate of Lexton's ( Ivan Bass...a former Brimsdown Rovers player) came along to watch and is interested in joining. He is also willing to play on Monday night, as is Lexton himself, so that's four 'definite' players. We just need to find another four.
Terry Brown (who is currently suspended for our Sunday League matches) wants to play, but it looks like he may not be allowed to because the 7-a-side League is F.A. affiliated. I am still trying to find out.

Personally, I think we should try and get players who are not currently in the squad for Sunday to play on Monday.
At the moment that includes John Scouller because he is apparently aggrieved about my Chairman's Blog suggesting he is well down the pecking order to get a regular place in the starting line-up and he thinks he deserves better because he has brought a lot of good players along to the club...and invariably gives them all a lift to matches. Fair comment, but why not play on Monday night, come training on Wednesday and at least be part of the club for the time being ?
Over the past few seasons, whoever turns up week-in, week-out invariably ends up in the starting line-up anyway because of players dropping out on the day.

Tem Adil, Dean Assiamah, Stuart Dorward, Tim Beeden (In goal or on pitch), Martin Cruickshank, Leon McKenzie-McKay, Yianni Kyriacou, Olie Tedder & Martin Worthington are all players who are also not in the squad for Sunday but hopefully might be able to play on Monday night ?
If any of them want a run-out, please either post on here or phone/text Loveday on 07920 865376.

Re: Squad for Monday 5th September (7-a-Side)

Terry Brown is definitely not allowed to play this coming Monday night. I have just checked.
It's because his suspension is for 'all football' and is from 2.5.11 to 8.5.11 and then from 29.8.11 to 25.9.11.

He was free to play 7-a-side during the rest of the Summer in-between those dates...which he did.

I'm not available

At the moment, we have:
Martin Loveday (GK ?)
Tony King
Colin Bester
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Lexton Harrison
Ivan Bass

John Scouller (Foot Injury from today) and Martin Cruickshank (If he can get off work) are both possibles.

Ideally I need Loveday to chase up these players and finalise the squad during the day on Monday as I will be too busy.
I will be there at the match with the kit, subs tin, etc., but I will not be going on goal !

I can play in goal tonight if needed.

Bummer

Jacko is now playing and in goal.

I am now not available as i have to travel for work.

Loveday
I am now not available as i have to travel for work.
O.K. I will try and get things sorted.
Won't be easy though, and we may have to play with a bare seven including me.

Terry Moore?
Barney?
Jerome?
Ricky?

Surely someone is around

I will still contact people to play i just cannot be there for the game.

Jacko
Terry Moore?
Barney?
Jerome?
Ricky?

Surely someone is around
Terry Moore is playing golf. Jerome is working. Ricky doesn't drive.

If we didn't have training on Wednesday night it wouldn't be a problem. Most players cannot do both nights and they are treating training as more important...and quite rightly in my opinion.

Tony King, Colin, Kizza, Lexton & Ivan Bass are all definitely playing, together with you Jacko.
We need two more.

Cascoe & Daley?

Jacko
Cascoe & Daley?
Let's see who Loveday can get. Maybe Stuart ? Scott Jenkins ? John Scouller if he has not broken his toe ?
That would be better than getting players who played yesterday and intend coming training on Wednesday.
I know you don't mind three games in four days, but others are maybe not as committed ?

Martin Cruickshank is playing tonight. I will give him a lift there.

Just need one more now.
I will be a 9th player if anybody turns up late.

cant play tonight toe is not broken but is badly bruised touch and go for Wednesday should be ok for Sunday

I have heard nothing from Loveday yet, so I presume it's just a bare seven with me as Sub then ?
I'm hoping everybody turns up ! The weather is horrible out there.

Surprise, surprise. Kizza has just dropped out saying he is injured.
That's me playing a full 50 minutes now then.

Loveday definitely hasn't got anybody, so it sounds like Jacko is in for some good shooting practice tonight !