THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website Update - Player Profiles

I am just about to word the Player Profiles for this season. Maybe somebody else might like to do it, as I have a feeling I am going to get absolutely slaughtered when I have finished !

Re: Website Update - Player Profiles

How about printing them out and showing players what you intend to write before putting anything on the website?

Barney
How about printing them out and showing players what you intend to write before putting anything on the website?
I don't think what actually appears on the website is the issue, as I get absolutely slated for anything I write, especially the Video Notes.

What the problem is, is that virtually every player in the club thinks I 'snipe' from behind a keyboard instead of to their face to deliberately p!ss them off, but I have never done that and never will. It's all meant as constructive criticism, and most of it isn't criticism anyway. They just read it as if they think I am a miserable old git incapable of banter.

Let's say if Rob Brown wrote a Player Profile of Smithy. Rob would wind him up and take the p!ss big-time and Smithy would laugh at it. If I tried that, Smithy would probably chin me.
That's the way it is.

Laurence I have banter with everyone
If I didn't hav a laugh like we all do I could
Never of played for London Ajax as that is all
Our team consisted of and if I was gonna chin
Any of the chuckle brothers it would
Be the dirty gooner one . Pml let's win
The league and get smashed a Laurence wot u
Reckon

Can somebody please translate the post from the chav......

Player Profiles all now completed and online here.

I am pretty sure that there is nothing 'controversial' there that is going to p!ss people off.
I could do with a bit more info from some players though. Such as previous clubs played for (including Youth football), birthplaces/nationalities (e.g. I didn't know Kizza was South African until about two years after he started playing for us !), jobs they do, teams they support. The usual stuff. Just let me know.

I also need photos of Yianni and Martin Worthington the next time they play, while Colin's photo must have been taken when he first joined us as a 16-year-old !?
Cokell, Jacko & Terry Moore could also do with having more up-to-date/clearer photos taken I think ?
Should have time to do this Sunday during the pre-match warm-up.

Some players asked last night about a new team photo, but we'll get that done in October when Barney returns from his lengthy holiday. Hopefully we might have a new jade & black kit by then.

I hope barney has handed i'n a holiday form

I'm away for about 11 days, it's hardly lengthy. I have submitted the necessary rovers holiday paperwork though...