THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 4th September (First League Match)

This coming Sunday we play our first League match of the season Away to Broxbourne Rangers Old Boys.
Full details are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

We appear to have only 16 players available as Tony King is away for the weekend, Martin Cruickshank & Leon McKenzie-McKay are not registered yet, Terry Brown is suspended, and everybody else appears to have lost interest at the moment or are out with long-term injuries.

The squad is therefore as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Lexton Harrison
Ricky Kyagaba
Colin Bester
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Steve Cokell
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley
Lee King
John Scouller

Don't forget we are going to be doing a proper pre-match warm-up and all players must be at the venue by 9.45.a.m.
We will meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 9.10.a.m. if anybody wants to meet there and travel in convoy.

Re: Squad for Sunday 4th September (First League Match)

Yeah I'm about and will meet at Southbury.

Hi, I'll come over to watch and show my support, if there's a place this thursday for five aside i'd like to be involved as need to get some fitness in before i can start playing again. cheers

Terry Brown
Hi, I'll come over to watch and show my support, if there's a place this thursday for five aside i'd like to be involved as need to get some fitness in before i can start playing again. cheers
Can you play 7-a-side on Monday 5th ? We are well short of players for that, but we have too many for Thursday...unless we can use the other half-pitch for training, but nobody's replying to that one (as I suspected).

I'll be there, and I'm going direct unless I let you know otherwise.

Cheers
Barney

Laurence I told u I was unavailable through out
August but u keep putting me down as
No contact as if I'm not interested mate

Smithy
Laurence I told u I was unavailable through out
August
Not really. All I knew (via Trev after the last game you played for us) was that you were away on holiday 'for a few weeks'. No exact dates.

Loads of our players do that. They tell me verbally at matches when I haven't got a pen & paper handy, so I am never going to remember exactly what they say. Ideally I need holiday/unavailability dates either e-mailed to me, texted to me or put on here, then we would have a better idea of who is still about during the Summer.

Yeah ill be ok for monday the 5th depending on a lift but i'll see you sunday as i'm going to come over to watch with rob, and i'm happy to train on the thursday too

Terry Brown
Yeah ill be ok for monday the 5th depending on a lift but i'll see you sunday as i'm going to come over to watch with rob, and i'm happy to train on the thursday too
O.K. excellent.
Training is on Wednesday nights though, not Thursdays.

Regarding Monday night's match, it's just occurred to me that the 7-a-side League is actually an F.A.-affiliated League, which probably means that your suspension includes that as well...technically. However, the League has it's own rules for sending-offs and suspensions, so you might be o.k.
I will check with the Referees when we play over there tomorrow night...if somebody reminds me to.

Laurence u must have something seriously wrong with you ive played for many teams and there has never been a problem with communication i returned to my saturday team this week and there was no problem what so ever but because you do this website you make issues all the time,can u please issue the squad with holiday forms so you can keep a log like we do when where all at work.

smithy
Laurence u must have something seriously wrong with you ive played for many teams and there has never been a problem with communication i returned to my saturday team this week and there was no problem what so ever but because you do this website you make issues all the time,can u please issue the squad with holiday forms so you can keep a log like we do when where all at work.
No problem. You are in the squad this Sunday now, so I don't know what you are complaining about. Just shut the f**k up and get on with it.
I'm getting seriously p!ssed off with you and half a dozen others continually having a go at me for everything I say on the website or the Forum.
I'm not going to stop 'assuming' on here, so you'll just have to put up with it. I won't change. I can't change. It's just the way I am.
If you don't like it, then join a club who don't have a website.
Better still, why not phone Trev ? He's the Manager, not me !

It's not about me being i'n the squad it's about u writing bollox on this forum u ****** off
Several players last year remember

Smithy
It's not about me being i'n the squad it's about u writing bollox on this forum u ****** off
Several players last year remember
So...I'm hated by half our players, hated by the League Committee and probably hated by half the Club Secretaries...all because I do detailed websites and video our matches.

Great. Where do I go now ?

Where's the violin smiley??

Rob
Where's the violin smiley??
It's alright. I'm still here.
Looking forward to 7-a-side tonight. Everybody has confirmed their availability, so let's win this Plate League, eh ?!

As for this Sunday, I have just texted Kizza. He will get a train to Edmonton Green, so either myself or Terry Moore will pick him up from there at 8.45., then drive to the Southbury Leisure Centre to pick up others if necessary.

I haven't actually spoken to Trev about including Smithy in the squad, but as John Scouller has not yet informed us if he is available or not and Loveday will not be able to let us know if he is available until Saturday afternoon (when I am out filming Ebbsfleet), as far as I am concerned that is too late and we need to make sure we have got at least three outfield subs (i.e. a squad of 14) now.
Waiting until a Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning for people to confirm their availability was where we went wrong last season. I know Loveday agrees with that as we had a Management Committee discussion about it.

Yeah no worries lawrence, and i'll make wednesday nights training too.

Cheers and see you sunday

I think Smithy's back from his holiday! I can't make this Sunday as i thought. I'll see you next week.

Just a warning that I have heard nothing from Colin.
If he is reading this, can he please confirm that he knows he is in the squad and whether he is meeting at the Southbury Leisure Centre this Sunday or going straight there ?

I'll be meeting at southbury

Kizza has dropped out and we have heard nothing from Loveday, so we only have a squad of 13 now.
Good job you are available, Colin.