THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 28th August (Pre-Season Friendly)

Our last Pre-Season Friendly of the Summer (assuming we are given a League match on the 4th September) is this coming Sunday when we travel up to Ware to play Allenburys. (10.30.a.m. Kick-Off).
Full details of this match and where the venue is can be found here on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

Obviously, lifts will have to be arranged for a lot of our players, while we will also be aiming to get there by 9.30.a.m. in order to do Danny Hagan & Barney's new pre-match warm-up routine !
For Away matches in Hertfordshire in recent seasons, we have met in the near left-hand side of the car park at the Southbury Leisure Centre in Enfield and then travelled up in convoy, so we can meet there at 8.45.a.m.-9.00.a.m. and do that for this match if you the players think it is a good idea ? (Please discuss if you can post on here).

The squad of 15 for this match at the moment is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Alan Barnard
Ricky Kyagaba
Colin Bester
Tony King
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Steve Cokell
Ben Keating
Daniel Daley
Lee King
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Dean Assiamah

However, some of the above players may drop out during the week due to Bank Holiday weekend work, family & social commitments, so if anybody else wants to play (including prospective new players), please let us know.
We already know that John Scouller, Martin Loveday, Martin Cruickshank & Yianni Kyriacou are unavailable for those reasons.

Re: Squad for Sunday 28th August (Pre-Season Friendly)

It's just been pointed out to me that I missed Lexton Harrison off that list. He is also in the squad.

Colin is not available. Going away for the weekend.

i would prefer not to drive but will take my van if needed and can take 2 from southbury if also needed.

I can drive and pick some of yous ***** up

I should be fine for this, but I need to be away pretty sharpish afterwards, as I have to work.

Cheers
Barney

I'll drive and can fit 3 more in.

Kizza has dropped out as he is working. I dont think there are any trains running as it's a Bank Holiday weekend , so he wouldn't have been able to get there from Erith (Kent) anyway.

We now only have a squad of 12 for this match, which is Jacko (GK), Barney, Terry Moore, Lexton, Hagan, Ricky, Tony King, Cascoe, Steve Cokell, Lee King, Ben & Daley.
I am going to tell Dean to text me at 8.30.a.m. on Sunday morning if he is awake. I will then go and pick him up if he is. Last Sunday we waited and waited, phoned him (no answer) and banged on his front door but there was no sign of him. Myself or Terry Moore are not going to keep doing that every Sunday.

If anybody else is available for this Sunday or if anybody in the squad has any mates who are good players and interested in joining, this is their chance for a run-out. We don't want any more than 16 though, as it will be beneficial for most of our players to have a full 90 minutes a week before the season starts.

Our Pre-Match Warm-Up idea was discussed last night. On Tuesday night I filmed Ebbsfleet United's pre-match warm-up from up on the gantry so that we can get some ideas from that. They did a 30-minute session before going back in the changing rooms for 15 minutes before the kick-off. Obviously we can't do that, so what we are going to do is aim to get out onto the pitch at about 10.10.a.m. and then have a 15-20-minute session before we kick-off at 10.30. Trevor should have a couple of minutes either at the start or end of that where he can get everybody together and do his team-talk.
I gave Barney, Hagan & Jacko a DVD of Ebbsfleet's session last night for them to look at before Sunday. I noticed they didn't kick a ball about until they had done some running and stretching. They also used discs, bibs and these things, and they didn't do any 'willy-nilly' shooting at the keeper into the goal. The goalkeepers warmed up separately. (I don't think Darryl is there this Sunday though ?)
We can bring the bibs and discs on Sunday, but we don't have the speed agility ladder...yet.

If we are aiming to get out on the pitch ready to start warming-up at 10.10, then I would say everybody must be at the venue by 9.45.a.m. (instead of 9.30.a.m.) with a view to going in and getting changed just before 10.00.a.m.
We will therefore meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 9.00.a.m. this Sunday (unless players want to go straight to the ground), then we will leave there as soon as everybody is ready. It should take about 25-30 minutes to get to Allenburys ground from there, and we need to allow for people getting lost as we have never played there before.
I make it that myself, Trevor, Barney, Tony King, Steve Cokell & Jacko are all meeting at the Southbury Leisure Centre, Cascoe will pick up Daley and either meet there or go straight to the ground, Lexton is picking up Lee, Ben & Ricky and going straight to the ground...I will be amazed if they find it ! , and (at the moment) Terry Moore is going straight to the ground with his family (who are coming to watch him play against his cousin). Unfortunately, Terry will be late for the warm-up though.
I don't know what Hagan is doing as he left on the final whistle after 7-a-side last night. Can he please advise ? We need to know exactly who is meeting at the Southbury as we don't want to leave anybody behind.

I think I have covered everything there ?

yes lol i will meet at southbury and can get people in my motor if needed. 9am yeah?