THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Thursday 25th August (7-a-Side)

We have no 7-a-side match tomorrow (Monday), so our next game is this coming Thursday when we play Locomotive Southgate in the Plate League. This match is a 9.00.p.m. Kick-Off at my request so that I can get along to the game after the Waltham Sunday League Meeting in Cheshunt that I am attending at 8.00.p.m.
As Trevor is in Cyprus this week due to a family bereavement and Martin Loveday is working (I think ?), Terry Moore and/or Alan Barnard will be Manager for this match.

We screwed up badly in our last Plate League match because of two players dropping out in the afternoon and me having to play. That resulted in us losing 5-4, so we now have to win this game (and preferably by a decent margin) to make sure of winning the Plate League title. It will be 'criminal' if we do not win the Plate League, as there are only four teams in it and we know we are the best of those as it is for the bottom four teams from the Qualifying Stages earlier this Summer.

We are therefore naming a squad of our current 10 'best, fittest and/or most reliable' 7-a-side League players as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Alan Barnard
Danny Hagan
Lee King
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Daley
Ben Keating
Ricky Kyagaba
Lexton Harrison

If all 10 of those turn up, Terry Moore will drop out and I would advise him to make substitutions only if we are playing badly rather than to give people a run-out for fitness reasons. This should be the only 7-a-side League match this Summer that we need to do that.
We must take this game seriously and win the Plate League, as last Thursday was a shambles. That will then give us more confidence going into the new 7-a-side League season.

If any of the above players cannot play, then hopefully one or more of John Scouller, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Colin Bester or Tony King will be available bearing in mind we do not have a game on Monday this week.
If anybody has to drop out on the evening of the match, please do not phone/text myself or Trevor. You will need to phone/text either Terry Moore on 07753 416154 or Alan Barnard on 07973 506642.